New motherboard, cpu + ram and now it won't turn on

Kitsu99_
Go to solution Solved by TheV_Machine,

basic checks first, you got the pins for the power button etc right?; check every connector if they are plugged in correctly

lord how do I begin

My pc used to be on a Z87 OC Formula motherboard, 4 sticks of ddr3 ballistic tactical tracer I think 8gb ram? and an Intel i4.

now, ive just put a Z390 M Gaming gigabyte motherboard, 4 sticks of Hyper ddr4 8gb ram, and an Intel i9, as well as a noctua NH-D9L cooler. I have an nvidia 2070 (possibly a super? it says S on the barcode so maybe) in there as well. my power supply is a Gamemax AC full range?? don't know if that means anything because I don't know the actual name and didn't buy it myself.

Now we get to the issue - damn thing won't turn on. I genuinely don't know what the issue is. I'm terrified I've ruined it. Made sure everything was properly plugged in but I'm scared I've had some major oversight. help?? I hope to the universe I don't have to buy another power supply we just bought one for the new gpu raahhhhh

16892786648722001211387697720057.jpg

Pic looks good to me. Does anything happen when you press power? Also, power switch at back of psu is ON, correct?

I’m assuming all the fpanel connectors are good underneath the gpu, can’t tell from the pic.

basic checks first, you got the pins for the power button etc right?; check every connector if they are plugged in correctly

am hungry

okay..

first off

take two ram sticks out( usuall the first and third from the cpu but you have to look that up in the motherboard manual) and try to boot

am hungry

24 minutes ago, TheV_Machine said:

okay..

first off

take two ram sticks out( usuall the first and third from the cpu but you have to look that up in the motherboard manual) and try to boot

Then check if your cpu is compatible with the mobo without a bios update, maybe you need to update the bios to boot with your particular cpu

and for any usefull troubleshooting you need to know how much power your psu is able to provide

am hungry

1 hour ago, Whatisthis said:

Pic looks good to me. Does anything happen when you press power? Also, power switch at back of psu is ON, correct?

I’m assuming all the fpanel connectors are good underneath the gpu, can’t tell from the pic.

quick reminder from my dad and I found out I plugged the front panel connectors in the wrong place - pc all working perfectly now 😄 thanks for the help though!!!

51 minutes ago, TheV_Machine said:

Then check if your cpu is compatible with the mobo without a bios update, maybe you need to update the bios to boot with your particular cpu

and for any usefull troubleshooting you need to know how much power your psu is able to provide

Sorry for responding so late - thank you so much for the help!!! turns out I had plugged the front panel connectors in the wrong place which is totally my bad, but turns out I did everything else perfectly as it booted up like a dream after. thanks!!!!