Power Board

Froger96

hi all, recently the power board in the lively room started making a buzz noise, it still works, but im looking at getting a new one, the one i currently have is monster, and has lasted 6 years but it recently had to deal with lots of dust and dirt from construction and destruction. so this isn't plugged into a lot. (tv, HDD, Media center (WDTV), DVD play, and stereo) but because oh have long it has been since my parents updated TV and stuff, i am going to expect an update in the next 4 years, and as this is plugged into the living room stuff and it all might be upgraded, i recommended to them a branded quality one, just so it can last many years. but what brands would people recommend and what models for these brands would people recommend to take everything i have already said will be plugged into it, then add on a second full HD tv and gaming PC. because things may be added, so we want lots of ports available, but don't really want to go much over £50 unless there is something good and worth it.

thanks for the help.

It doesnt matter what brand you get, just go for one that has surge protection the amount of plugs you need. Monster is generally overpriced unless you find it on sale for near half the retail cost.

If you are looking for something more serious to reduce electronic noise and interference, then you want a 'power center' such as this...

http://www.monsterproducts.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=5320

or

http://www.panamax.com/Products/A-V-Components/M4300-PM.php

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

Brands and power boards don't mean much as knight stated just get one from your local electronics store that makes self branded ones which are usually good quality. +1 for surge protection as well and even ones that have names for the sockets I find is really handy.

hi all, recently the power board in the lively room started making a buzz noise, it still works, but im looking at getting a new one, the one i currently have is monster, and has lasted 6 years but it recently had to deal with lots of dust and dirt from construction and destruction. so this isn't plugged into a lot. (tv, HDD, Media center (WDTV), DVD play, and stereo) but because oh have long it has been since my parents updated TV and stuff, i am going to expect an update in the next 4 years, and as this is plugged into the living room stuff and it all might be upgraded, i recommended to them a branded quality one, just so it can last many years. but what brands would people recommend and what models for these brands would people recommend to take everything i have already said will be plugged into it, then add on a second full HD tv and gaming PC. because things may be added, so we want lots of ports available, but don't really want to go much over £50 unless there is something good and worth it.

thanks for the help.

When you say "Power board", what exactly are you referring to? It sounds like you're talking about a surge protector/power bar. In that regard, just get one that has the necessary number of outlets (And maybe a few spares for future additions) and make sure it has plenty of surge protection power.

As noted, if you're looking for something to clean the power/reduce noise, etc, then an actual full-on power center/conditioner is what you want. As noted again, Monster tends to be HELLA over priced for absolutely everything they sell (Monster HDMI cables... oh god).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)