CPU Cooler Starts Delayed

notd

I touched the CPU_OPT header while the computer was running and I heard a faint sound of electricity. I didn't feel anything, but after restarting, the CPU cooler started a second or two later than usual. Before I had touched the header, the CPU cooler started at the same time as the rest of the case fans. I tried plugging in the cooler to the CPU_OPT fan header and the cooler ran at 100% speed. Should I be worried about anything? What should I do about the delayed cooler startup?

Involved Parts:
Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus Wifi
Intel Stock Cooler Rm1

As long as it starts I wouldn't worry. There's enough thermal mass (even in a stock cooler) for a CPU to run without the fan for a short while. 

16 minutes ago, notd said:

I touched the CPU_OPT header while the computer was running and I heard a faint sound of electricity. I didn't feel anything, but after restarting, the CPU cooler started a second or two later than usual. Before I had touched the header, the CPU cooler started at the same time as the rest of the case fans. I tried plugging in the cooler to the CPU_OPT fan header and the cooler ran at 100% speed. Should I be worried about anything? What should I do about the delayed cooler startup?

Involved Parts:
Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus Wifi
Intel Stock Cooler Rm1

Nothing it going to happen to the CPU with a 1-2 second delay on the CPU Cooler / fan.  Completely fine as long as it starts and keeps running 🙂  The CPU won't generate enough heat in the 2-3 seconds and if it does it will be soaked by the cooler / heatpipes, absolutely no problem.

10 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

As long as it starts I wouldn't worry. There's enough thermal mass (even in a stock cooler) for a CPU to run without the fan for a short while. 

What about the CPU_OPT? Does that header usually run at 100% if there's nothing connected to CPU_FAN?