Case Fan Connector Help

Skitspit

I recently built a computer and am wanting to have 3 exhaust and 3 intake fans in my case. Now they can fit but the motherboard I am using, the B760M Elite AX doesn't seem to have 6 fan connectors or I cant find them I would love for someone to be able to help me find a solution for this thanks!

26 minutes ago, Skitspit said:

I recently built a computer and am wanting to have 3 exhaust and 3 intake fans in my case. Now they can fit but the motherboard I am using, the B760M Elite AX doesn't seem to have 6 fan connectors or I cant find them I would love for someone to be able to help me find a solution for this thanks!

Link me to the fans u bought. Sounds like you need to buy a fan hub from the fan company. 

2 hours ago, Skitspit said:

Most fans should have a daisychain wire that you can connect other fans to, merging speed control to 1 header. So yeah, tell us your fan sets.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I bought 5 Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM Chromax.

1 hour ago, SorryBella said:

Most fans should have a daisychain wire that you can connect other fans to, merging speed control to 1 header. So yeah, tell us your fan sets.

6 minutes ago, Skitspit said:

Yeah that only has 1 wire, you'll need a separate Y adapter or preferably a fan hub. There is the Noctua NA-FH1, but you don't need to buy Noctua Fan Hub for these fans, you just need those that uses 4 pin PWM slots. Something like these:

SilverStone Technology Silverstone 8-Port PWM Fan Hub/Splitter for 4-Pin & 3-Pin Fans* in Black SST-CPF04-USA (Newest Version) 20$

novonest 1-to-7 PWM 4PIN SATA PWM Fan Hub/Splitter for CPU Cooler Case Cooling Fan 4-Pin & 3-Pin Fans Cooling,FH07 7$

Chassis Fan Hub 4 Pin PWM PC CPU Fan SATA Connector Hub Splitter Adapter,PC Case Internal Motherboard Fan Power Extension Cable Cord for Computer Case 4-Pin and 3-Pin Cooling Fans 10$

If you just want Y adapters, you can go with these:

Cable Matters 2-Pack 3 Way 4 Pin PWM Fan Splitter Cable - 12 Inches 8$

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

7 minutes ago, Skitspit said:

this one here: https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/shop/components/cooling/accessories/silverstone-silverstone-cpf04-1-to-8-pwm-fan-hub
will this still allow me to control the fans speed Sorry for the many posts

Bleh, pay no mind. Also, if you're having issues with the reply box, press the clear editor button, the trash can icon.

That would be it, the CPF04 i pointed. But yeah, i forgot to mention that these fan hubs usually have only 1 speed control for the entire hub. That could be a problem but I don't know your case. Most of the time though it should be fine as long as you're not setting the airflow to be negative pressure which would be hard to do with equal speed exhaust and intake.

40 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

Bleh, pay no mind. Also, if you're having issues with the reply box, press the clear editor button, the trash can icon.

That would be it, the CPF04 i pointed. But yeah, i forgot to mention that these fan hubs usually have only 1 speed control for the entire hub. That could be a problem but I don't know your case. Most of the time though it should be fine as long as you're not setting the airflow to be negative pressure which would be hard to do with equal speed exhaust and intake.

So the CPF04 would be able to control the fan speeds as long they would all be set to the same setting if that makes sense? Because I'm just looking to power all the fans and set them all to the same fan speed.

1 hour ago, SorryBella said:

No you are right Thank you so much for the help. Apperciate it!

1 hour ago, Skitspit said:

So the CPF04 would be able to control the fan speeds as long they would all be set to the same setting if that makes sense?

no as in it only has 1 speed control. One fan is the master fan that gets the speed pulses while the rest is slave to the 1 setting you set to the master. 

Just get splitters. Each fan header on the mobo can power close to 10 of those fans no problem.

Then you can use bios, or fan control program in windows to set the desired speed profile.

You don't need a fan hub, 99% of the time it is not needed in a modern PC and it reduces flexibility of your cooling/noise level adjustment. Your board has 4 fan headers that I've circled. You should only need three Y splitters to run all your case fans with the top middle header being for your CPU cooler. 

specsmall01.thumb.jpg.b792a83ae753dda09612f5f07c5d9867.jpg

That you all for the help I have got all my fans running now