Build Redux Fan controls

BingChillin

Hello everyone, I've been experiencing an issue with my build featuring Redux PC RGB fans. I no longer have the fan controller and I'm unsure how to turn off the fans when the system is shut down (I tried bios and signalRGB software to turn off led light at shutdown and my system don't have hibernate/soft-off made turn on). While my CPU cooler, GPU RGB, and RAM stick turn off properly, the four fans continue to light and run. Additionally, I previously had control over the fan speed and RGB using signalRGB, but now I'm unable to manually turn off the hub-controlled fans, and they remain stuck at a constant 250 RPM. This is causing heating issues. I would appreciate any help or suggestions to resolve these problems.

13 minutes ago, BingChillin said:

Hello everyone, I've been experiencing an issue with my build featuring Redux PC RGB fans. I no longer have the fan controller and I'm unsure how to turn off the fans when the system is shut down (I tried bios and signalRGB software to turn off led light at shutdown and my system don't have hibernate/soft-off made turn on). While my CPU cooler, GPU RGB, and RAM stick turn off properly, the four fans continue to light and run. Additionally, I previously had control over the fan speed and RGB using signalRGB, but now I'm unable to manually turn off the hub-controlled fans, and they remain stuck at a constant 250 RPM. This is causing heating issues. I would appreciate any help or suggestions to resolve these problems.

What do you mean you don't have the fan controller anymore?... Did you get rid of it by any chance? Those things are pretty important for fan management.

1 minute ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

What do you mean you don't have the fan controller anymore?... Did you get rid of it by any chance? Those things are pretty important for fan management.

By the way, if the fans are plugged into the motherboard (which they probably are since there's no fan controller) you SHOULD be able to set the fan curve from the BIOS, but it's pretty weird they stil spin EVEN when the system is off.

Something is not right. They should not receive power when the computer is off, unless perhaps if they're connected directly to the PSU...I can understand the lights stating on, but not the fans turning. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

I rebought the computer from a friend and they didn't have the remote controller. And yes, the control hub for all of the fans is connected to the psu. In addition, I also notice that the ram(rgb) ddr5 5600Mhz corsair is flashing rainbow when the pc is shutdown?
I tried connecting and reconnecting the control hub to different rgb led headers but to no avail.
so yeh the fan still light on, still spin, and rgb ram is flashing rainbows.
edit: I managed to turn off the light with signal rgb by setting shutdown lumi down to 0

IMG_0076.mov

1 hour ago, BingChillin said:

I rebought the computer from a friend and they didn't have the remote controller. And yes, the control hub for all of the fans is connected to the psu. In addition, I also notice that the ram(rgb) ddr5 5600Mhz corsair is flashing rainbow when the pc is shutdown?
I tried connecting and reconnecting the control hub to different rgb led headers but to no avail.
so yeh the fan still light on, still spin, and rgb ram is flashing rainbows.
edit: I managed to turn off the light with signal rgb by setting shutdown lumi down to 0

IMG_0076.mov 5.29 MB · 0 downloads

That's progress. Unplug the control hub. What changes?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

okay, so the fans led header are not available on my computer, therefore, if I were to unplug it from my motherboard, I will not have any rgb at all. I tried to find hubs that have led headers but to no avail 😞 I have no other solution than to just simply turn off my psu everytime I shutdown.

7 hours ago, BingChillin said:

okay, so the fans led header are not available on my computer, therefore, if I were to unplug it from my motherboard, I will not have any rgb at all. I tried to find hubs that have led headers but to no avail 😞 I have no other solution than to just simply turn off my psu everytime I shutdown.

What do you mean not available? Already in use?

Can't you just buy the controller from Noctua?