Ram water cooled

ekyona

Has anyone tried to watercool their DDR5 ram sticks? What product did you use? I can’t seem to find ones. And the ones I do find say it doesn’t fit them right but will work. I thought about the EKWB. But those don’t fit. So I’m wondering if I need to worry about the heat sinks fitting or not. 

Most of the people who do are using the Bitspower kits IIRC. 

May I ask why you're trying to though? It's rather pointless for the vast majority of people, only ever making sense if you're going to be running 1.6V+ into your RAM for insane overclocks. If you're not going to be overclocking your RAM that far (most people don't, nor should they as there isn't really a noticeable performance difference between 1.5V and 1.65V, and 1.5V is easily handled by a small fan) there's actually no point. The custom heatspreaders by themselves though will help out a fair bit with memory temps though, so that part isn't a bad idea necessarily (still not necessarily a great idea as you lose warranty support), but adding in Water cooling only adds complexity and makes maintaining the loop significantly harder. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Most of the people who do are using the Bitspower kits IIRC. 

May I ask why you're trying to though? It's rather pointless for the vast majority of people, only ever making sense if you're going to be running 1.6V+ into your RAM for insane overclocks. If you're not going to be overclocking your RAM that far (most people don't, nor should they as there isn't really a noticeable performance difference between 1.5V and 1.65V, and 1.5V is easily handled by a small fan) there's actually no point. The custom heatspreaders by themselves though will help out a fair bit with memory temps though, so that part isn't a bad idea necessarily (still not necessarily a great idea as you lose warranty support), but adding in Water cooling only adds complexity and makes maintaining the loop significantly harder. 

I know there is no benefits, but the reason I thought about it was because it looked kinda nice. But you do have a point on warranty. 

2 minutes ago, ekyona said:

I know there is no benefits, but the reason I thought about it was because it looked kinda nice. But you do have a point on warranty. 

Yea just dont bother

Also id just skip watercooling entirely for ram cooling

Basically ram cooling is just passive -> fan over rams -> phase change (subzero), i dont see any benifit of wc when simply replacing the heatspreaders with better ones and putting a fan or 2 ontop the rams will be able to carry you pretty damn far voltage wise, unless were talking chilled waterloop but at that point you might aswell chill the rams directly with phase change

infact you might even worsen your ram cooling if youve got some powerful hardware connected to the loop cause higher water temp effectively nullifying any benifit of wc and hampering your oc abilities cause higher temp, but temp really only becomes a problem for high freq or whatever kinda adjustment that makes the rams more temp sensitive, voltage just causes the ram to heat up abit more

if i wasnt gonna go and make a portable desktop i totally would have gone for a phase change ram cooler but oh well lets just hope air will do for ludicrous >1.7v oc shenanigans

4 minutes ago, ekyona said:

Do know that a lot of the kits out there are designed specifically for the 1DPC boards like the Apex and Dark. If you don't have one of those you're likely to have issues getting a kit to fit. This just isn't worth the minimal aesthetics benefits (custom heatspreaders by themselves look better than the water block IMO), losing warranty, minimal performance benefit, and significantly harder maintenance.