Crashing/is my RAM dying?

Dobby_is_free
Go to solution Solved by Robchil,
5 minutes ago, Dobby_is_free said:

I bought these parts back in March, I ended up being a victim of the ASUS overvolting problem so I already RMAed the Mobo and CPU. I rebuilt it a couple of weeks ago and it was working fine until a few days ago

RMA your ram too.. cpu and mobo probably damaged it enough to die now.聽

it's a long time ago.. but i've seen a cpu/mobo kill ram. and when the ram and or cpu was used it killed the mobo... and new cpu or ram got killed by the "new" mobo .... went through 2 set before we replaced everything at once and got it working again 馃槃

Previous post I made regarding my situation:聽

While I was doing more troubleshooting I encountered this blue screenIMG_20230629_175014.thumb.jpg.821f7078818b66d623e19751c98e43cc.jpg

IMG_20230629_175012.thumb.jpg.41d774ccee32cd21b696f926bbd92c92.jpg

I then did a windows memory check and it said that hardware errors were detected. When the memory check finished this came up.

IMG_20230629_182611.thumb.jpg.e61c73484bc58f029381a73093d93bd5.jpg

What could be going on here, is my RAM dying?

Do you have any overclocks/XMP? If so remove them.

Also run a memtest:

https://www.memtest.org/

If this find issues try one RAM stick at a time to see if the problem is isolated to one.

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

looks more like vram dying..聽

Edit: oops.. didn't see the ramdisk error. yeah but that's pretty new gear?.. RMA it?聽

it can be cpu too if you have had heat issues with it.聽

36 minutes ago, Robchil said:

looks more like vram dying..聽

Edit: oops.. didn't see the ramdisk error. yeah but that's pretty new gear?.. RMA it?聽

it can be cpu too if you have had heat issues with it.聽

I bought these parts back in March, I ended up being a victim of the ASUS overvolting problem so I already RMAed the Mobo and CPU. I rebuilt it a couple of weeks ago and it was working fine until a few days ago

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Also run a memtest:

If this find issues try one RAM stick at a time to see if the problem is isolated to one.

I'm not running EXPO or any OCs, I'll try the memtest and get back to you聽

5 minutes ago, Dobby_is_free said:

RMA your ram too.. cpu and mobo probably damaged it enough to die now.聽

it's a long time ago.. but i've seen a cpu/mobo kill ram. and when the ram and or cpu was used it killed the mobo... and new cpu or ram got killed by the "new" mobo .... went through 2 set before we replaced everything at once and got it working again 馃槃

So my RAM could be killing the CPU and Mobo, or just the ram could have been damaged due to the overvolting?

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Also run a memtest:

I did the memtest, does this mean my RAM is the culprit, or could it be something else? This was after only the first passIMG_20230630_164145.thumb.jpg.0baa4519c12eb7f3fc036ef1e21dd40d.jpg

Well it could also be the CPU or motherboard, or just a badly seated / dirty contact on a stick or the CPU... but there's definitely something wrong about communicating with the RAM.

Start pulling sticks and trying to isolate.

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 hours ago, Dobby_is_free said:

So my RAM could be killing the CPU and Mobo, or just the ram could have been damaged due to the overvolting?

most likely the ram damaged from overvolting. since that already has been an issue with old cpu and board.聽

i would try to RMA them to get a new pair.聽

but as @kilrah says it can be cpu/mobo too.. if it's still an issue after changing ram .. i would return all 3 parts for RMA and make the vendor sort it out.聽 and for sure make a case with them already.. new parts should not fail, and it sounds like all parts are new anyway.. atleast cpu mobo ram.聽

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating till now, I RMAed my RAM and the issue is now resolved. I guess ASUS really fried my RAM a long with the CPU and Mobo. Btw, would it be safe to enable expo now that the issue is supposably resolved?