APU not recognizing second monitor

kjgruber
Go to solution Solved by Agall,
6 minutes ago, kjgruber said:

I sold my GPU the past week, with intentions of only running an APU but it is only recognizing one display. It is only recognizing whichever display i connect with display port. The HDMI port on the Mobo does not work. Is there something I need to enable in the bios. I know for a system running an GPU and APU, there often is but I can not find any settings for just an APU

System: 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600g

MSI b550 gaming plus 

Asus ROG Swift PG259QN

image.png.70b0e4587b48679a980e5d05bb0cd0a0.png

No caveats for both display outputs working simultaneously on something like a 5600g. I'd look at reinstalling the driver, otherwise you might have a physical issue with the HDMI port.

I sold my GPU the past week, with intentions of only running an APU but it is only recognizing one display. It is only recognizing whichever display i connect with display port. The HDMI port on the Mobo does not work. Is there something I need to enable in the bios. I know for a system running an GPU and APU, there often is but I can not find any settings for just an APU

System: 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600g

MSI b550 gaming plus 

Asus ROG Swift PG259QN

6 minutes ago, kjgruber said:

System: 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600g

MSI b550 gaming plus 

Asus ROG Swift PG259QN

No caveats for both display outputs working simultaneously on something like a 5600g. I'd look at reinstalling the driver, otherwise you might have a physical issue with the HDMI port.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

3 minutes ago, Agall said:

Ended up being the HDMI I cord I was using. I thought I had tried multiple different cords when trying to fix this the other day but guess I didn't. Thanks for the quick response.