Ryzen 7 3700x High Temps with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240

Go to solution Solved by WereCat,
5 minutes ago, Sinistra09 said:

I ran Cinebench and the CPU peaked at around 81.5C. I also used the standard Ryzen mounting but I don't imagine that the offset would make that much of a difference to where my idle temps are almost always above 50c. 

81.5 C is perfectly fine. Seems like just high idle voltage is causing higher idle temps which is not really an issue either.

Hello,

I recently moved my parts over to a Phanteks P400A. In this move I also decided to upgrade my CPU cooler to the Arctic Liquid Freezer II + my fans and bought 3 P12 fans from Arctic, too, so I could have a push-pull configuration. But, ever since I put the new cooler on and moved to a new case, my temps have actually risen. The CPU does not get any cooler than 45c. I also already reinstalled the CPU cooler thinking I had done something wrong but still had no luck. I also have tried out multiple fan curves and still have had no luck with better temperatures. 

If there's anyone that could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Windows 10 64 Bit

Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 

Ryzen 7 3700x

ASUS ROG B500-F (non-WIFI) Motherboard

32GB Corsair RAM @ 3200MHz

Corsair RM850x (850W) PSU

IMG_3760.thumb.JPG.03d696b68ceff7ee323100df4440396c.JPG

IMG_3763.JPG

Picture of my temps as I'm writing this (I only have Brave, Discord, and Foobar2000 open):

image.png.86770eaa51212080b693381fc67f66fb.png

Only thing I can think of is that your pump/CPU block is set on top of a loop. If there is any air in that AIO, it can accumulate there and reduce waterflow. Did you try flipping the radiator so that the tubes connect to the top instead of the bottom ? Also, you should try removing some fans to see if it changes anything. Sometimes, more power does not mean more airflow. And sometimes more airflow does not mean more cooling.

Good luck !

Your voltage seems mad high. Did you manually set your OC and the voltage? I'm running auto voltage with a OC @ 4.2 with a CLC240 cooler and come no where close to that voltage. Also running a 3700x on what I presume is a shittier mobo than urs.

1 hour ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Only thing I can think of is that your pump/CPU block is set on top of a loop. If there is any air in that AIO, it can accumulate there and reduce waterflow. Did you try flipping the radiator so that the tubes connect to the top instead of the bottom ? Also, you should try removing some fans to see if it changes anything. Sometimes, more power does not mean more airflow. And sometimes more airflow does not mean more cooling.

Good luck !

Thank you for the reply! Yes I had the radiator mounted so the tubes were above the GPU before and the temps remained the same unfortunately. I was thinking of removing fans, too. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Good luck !

I think you got that reversed, the air should gather in the top of the radiator which is why this is the correct way around to go as it will not get stuck in the loop then.

I suppose it could be worth running the pump below the radiator before installation to make sure all air is in the radiator.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 minute ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Your voltage seems mad high. Did you manually set your OC and the voltage? I'm running auto voltage with a OC @ 4.2 with a CLC240 cooler and come no where close to that voltage. Also running a 3700x on what I presume is a shittier mobo than urs.

I had manually set my voltage before and was still having high temps. Right now the CPU is running on an overclock through Ryzen Master software. I also reset my BIOS and still had high temps at default settings. 

What's the temp under full load? Idle temp does not really tell much especially with manually set voltages this high. 

Also do you use the offset mount? The CPU die is not in the middle but near the bottom of the package so the offset mount makes better contact for cooling on Ryzen. 

10 hours ago, WereCat said:

What's the temp under full load? Idle temp does not really tell much especially with manually set voltages this high. 

Also do you use the offset mount? The CPU die is not in the middle but near the bottom of the package so the offset mount makes better contact for cooling on Ryzen. 

I ran Cinebench and the CPU peaked at around 81.5C. I also used the standard Ryzen mounting but I don't imagine that the offset would make that much of a difference to where my idle temps are almost always above 50c. 

5 minutes ago, Sinistra09 said:

81.5 C is perfectly fine. Seems like just high idle voltage is causing higher idle temps which is not really an issue either.