I’ve been hearing a lot about a NASA Internet apocalypse caused by solar flares on TikTok what’s the real story though, and should I be worried?

Go to solution Solved by Arika,

sounds like a bunch of people either being disingenuous for clicks, or people just seeing "Nasa recorded a large solar flare" and automatically assume "the full power of it will hit earth and break everything".

if NASA or any other space agency or observatory haven't issued an official statement or warning about it, then you can safely ignore tiktok...which i would normally recommend anyway.

A large solar flare, at 03:59 GMT on Monday, triggered a coronal mass ejection (CME) travelling at 1400 km/s that reached the Earth in the afternoon of 24 January. The impact of the CME caused a minor geomagnetic storm, but no effects on ground infrastructure such as power grids or phone networks were detected. The main impact of this storm was to trigger spectacular auroral displays at high latitudes.

so looking into it, one literally just hit us....and we're on the internet

A lot of people are talking about this on TikTok, and I wanted a different perspective to be shared to me maybe they are right but people are saying it’s coming in 2023 or in a few years or a decade. 

i’m just not seeing any consistencies, and want a straight answer, and not have 20 different answers, 

sounds like a bunch of people either being disingenuous for clicks, or people just seeing "Nasa recorded a large solar flare" and automatically assume "the full power of it will hit earth and break everything".

if NASA or any other space agency or observatory haven't issued an official statement or warning about it, then you can safely ignore tiktok...which i would normally recommend anyway.

A large solar flare, at 03:59 GMT on Monday, triggered a coronal mass ejection (CME) travelling at 1400 km/s that reached the Earth in the afternoon of 24 January. The impact of the CME caused a minor geomagnetic storm, but no effects on ground infrastructure such as power grids or phone networks were detected. The main impact of this storm was to trigger spectacular auroral displays at high latitudes.

so looking into it, one literally just hit us....and we're on the internet

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Talkativetech said:

A lot of people are talking about this on TikTok

...aaand dismissed. It's the 2020s version of getting "news" of impending apocalypse (and divine salvation from said impending doom) from chain letters in email in the 2000s.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

If you get your news and information from Tic Toc, you might as well bury your head in the sand. 

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

Nah people been saying this since Y2k.

when things hit the fan you see it don't worry.

Polygons? textures?  samples? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough Vram.
Hey heads up I  have writing disorder I try my best but still make errors. 

Solar flares happen all the time.

Most are small, some are not as small.  Some times they do interfere with interstellar communication. Most of the time they don't.  Someday, One will hit that is big enough to actually cause real problems that you may notice. Unless you are NASA or the ESA or any other company that has loads of satellites orbiting the earth, there is no point in worrying about it.  Go outside, touch some grass, live your life.