Should I reinstall Windows 11?

AverageLeo

I tinkered too much with the laptop, used some shady tools, try overclocking, uninstalled many apps etc.

I have some weird behavior lately, and I feel like the laptop isn't that response like it used to be, even though It's a strong laptop, pretty new as well.

I was thinking about reinstalling the OS, but I don't want to reinstall all the apps and files, and most certainly not taking all the problems to the new installation as well.

Should I even do that?

If so, what is the best practice for reinstalling in that situation?

Thanks ❤️

~Leo

55 minutes ago, AverageLeo said:

I tinkered too much with the laptop, used some shady tools, try overclocking, uninstalled many apps etc.

I have some weird behavior lately, and I feel like the laptop isn't that response like it used to be, even though It's a strong laptop, pretty new as well.

I was thinking about reinstalling the OS, but I don't want to reinstall all the apps and files, and most certainly not taking all the problems to the new installation as well.

Should I even do that?

If so, what is the best practice for reinstalling in that situation?

Thanks ❤️

You have 3 choices, put up with it the way it is, try a repair install keeping your apps & settings (which may well keep the undesired behaviour) or clean install.

Use an imaging program to create an image of your current system, then try a repair install, if it works all good, if it doesn't then do a clean install.

If you really want the original system back just restore the image.

For a truly fresh start only a clean install will do that, delete all partitions back to a fully unallocated disk and let Windows create the ones it needs and then install it.

Depending on your setup you might want to isolate all disks except the one you want to put Windows on.