Is 1 pump enough

Hi guys,

Just planning my loop and wondering if 1 pump will be enough for 2 360 rads, 2 gpu blocks, cpu block, memory block and mobo clock?

Yes. If you have the money, get 2 loops and your PC will look awesome. Unless it's m-ATX.

Yes. If you have the money, get 2 loops and your PC will look awesome. Unless it's m-ATX.

Would love to do two loops but the budget can't handle it at the moment.

MCP-655-PWM is what I am thinking of going for.

The D5 is strong enough for most, if not all loops. The only reason why I would get two pumps is if you want extra redundancy.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I follow a rule of thumb.

Radiators don't cause enough strain on the pump to worry about, so forget them for a minute.

But 1 D5 pump should be good for 4 blocks in the loop.

Adding another pump doesn't DOUBLE the amount of flow, but as per above, it adds redundancy (not a major issue IMO, especially if you use flow meters and temp sensors LIKE YOU SHOULD)

So once you have more than 4 blocks, I would recommend doing 2 loops, you will have a much higher LPM in both loops, and you will be sweet.

Now this is just a rule of thumb. Some blocks are more restrictive than others and etc.

Any reason for getting RAM blocks? They are basically useless, and just add extra strain on the pump.