LG tv auto idle scene play fix?

GrizzlyBear0

So there's this LG tv that automatically starts to play a scene after like 1 min of idle time no matter what and cant find anywhere in the settings an option to disable it

Any ideas?

I've tried going through each setting and couldn't find anything related

Basically if it's idle for a few seconds it starts to play this scene etc everytime

Any ideas?

That depends on what is idle time for your TV. If it is that the image displayed did not change for 1 minute, you can easily set a dynamic background or even use an analog clock face with the seconds hands.

If it is Windows inactivity timer, go change your power settings and raise the display sleep timer to something more acceptable like 15 minutes or more.

It is kind of surprising if the TV config does not have any way of changing this behavior. I suspect that Windows is the culprit.

One way to test it is to use a different computer with your TV or a different display with your computer.

Have a nice day !

On 6/23/2023 at 10:45 PM, Sawa Takahashi said:

That depends on what is idle time for your TV. If it is that the image displayed did not change for 1 minute, you can easily set a dynamic background or even use an analog clock face with the seconds hands.

If it is Windows inactivity timer, go change your power settings and raise the display sleep timer to something more acceptable like 15 minutes or more.

It is kind of surprising if the TV config does not have any way of changing this behavior. I suspect that Windows is the culprit.

One way to test it is to use a different computer with your TV or a different display with your computer.

Have a nice day !

This is a TV not connected to a computer.

7 hours ago, GrizzlyBear0 said:

This is a TV not connected to a computer.

Lol. There are too many computer tech troubleshooting around here 😄

It still surprises me that there are no settings to change the inactivity timer to something more manageable. It should be normal for the TV to sleep if there is nothing to display, but as soon as a signal is detected, it should stay on.

What is your image source ? If this is a cable box or a blue ray player, you can check to see if the HDMI-CEC control is enabled. That parameter allows the control of another device via the HDMI cable. Try turning it off.

Sorry for the confusion and good luck !

On 6/25/2023 at 6:39 PM, Sawa Takahashi said:

Lol. There are too many computer tech troubleshooting around here 😄

It still surprises me that there are no settings to change the inactivity timer to something more manageable. It should be normal for the TV to sleep if there is nothing to display, but as soon as a signal is detected, it should stay on.

What is your image source ? If this is a cable box or a blue ray player, you can check to see if the HDMI-CEC control is enabled. That parameter allows the control of another device via the HDMI cable. Try turning it off.

Sorry for the confusion and good luck !

ill recheck the settings and try to connect it to a laptop/pc etc and see if i can figure it out