first pc build HELP!

Budget (including currency): My budget is 935$

Games, programs, or workloads that it will be used for: gaming, mostly heavy single-player games.

Other details: I don't know if it's good or not, I want something that I can play any game without any problems.

This is it https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nZCMJM

Also, the case is the galax revolution 05.

Edited by Nabi

Which titles are you interested in?  That’s not a ton of cash.  But can perhaps be made to work if a bit of specialization is done.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Playing any game without issues going to be dependent upon many factors.

1st up overall the PC for the price seems fine.

However I would think that for most games your are limited to the 1080p. running 1440p is going to be hard on many recent titles but is possible.

Just dont go ultra mode or highest eye candy settings the game has.

you can reduce the GPU load dramatically by stepping down to high from ultra and medium from high. Visually once immersed in the game you will not really notice.

Shadows are quite an intensive load so lowering shadows to medium is always a good item to adjust.

Lighting effect can be adjusted and motion blur can be switched off completely.

reflections are also quite intensive and often in many games where there is plenty of action do you need to see a reflection in a puddle ?

basically if you tweak your settings to meet what you PC can handle then your experience in gaming should be quite adequate.

1 hour ago, Nabi said:

Games, programs, or workloads that it will be used for: gaming, mostly heavy single-player games.

Other details: I don't know if it's good or not, I want something that I can play any game without any problems.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($129.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($49.89 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power UD90 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($42.97 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($369.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.65 @ Amazon) 
Total: $876.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-21 00:32 EDT-0400

Build this, go AM5 just because its pretty cheap. By getting a cheaper CPU (a still decent one though) you can get a better GPU and double the amount of ram, you can also get faster/better ram. This build also only costs $876, to make it cheaper you could remove the cooler since the stock amd cooler is good enough for a bit and you can remove the cooler and buy a 6800, that does make the cost like $960 though.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

26 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($129.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($49.89 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power UD90 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($42.97 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($369.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.65 @ Amazon) 
Total: $876.39
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-21 00:32 EDT-0400

Build this, go AM5 just because its pretty cheap. By getting a cheaper CPU (a still decent one though) you can get a better GPU and double the amount of ram, you can also get faster/better ram. This build also only costs $876, to make it cheaper you could remove the cooler since the stock amd cooler is good enough for a bit and you can remove the cooler and buy a 6800, that does make the cost like $960 though.

That’s U.S. stuff though.  This person is apparently in Oman, which is like half way round the world from the US

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

30 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s U.S. stuff though.  This person is apparently in Oman, which is like half way round the world from the US

They themselves provided by US pcpartspicker link.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Okay sorry I know I'm annoying, but I changed it a bit.

I also made it Oman pcpartpicker.

https://om.pcpartpicker.com/list/MFsjPX

How the game looks doesn't really matter to me, as long as I'm able to play it without anything getting in the way.

games like: watch dogs legion, red dead redemption 2, assassins creed Valhalla, and Cyberpunk.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Which titles are you interested in?  That’s not a ton of cash.  But can perhaps be made to work if a bit of specialization is done.

watch dogs legion, red dead redemption 2, assassins creed Valhalla, and Cyberpunk.

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Yeah sorry, I just realized.

The thing is I can only order from Newegg since the delivery is free. because the import fees on Amazon are too much

30 minutes ago, Nabi said:

Yeah sorry, I just realized.

The thing is I can only order from Newegg since the delivery is free. because the import fees on Amazon are too much

Are there no local stores? Newegg is trash man, there customer support is horrible and if something comes damaged you most likely won't get your money back.

My First PC

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Are there no local stores? Newegg is trash man, there customer support is horrible and if something comes damaged you most likely won't get your money back.

There are, but the parts are so much more expensive.

how likely is it for the stuff to come broken though?

27 minutes ago, Nabi said:

There are, but the parts are so much more expensive.

how likely is it for the stuff to come broken though?

not sure, it really depends on how they ship it. But even if the parts don't arrived damage if you want to return the card or something its pain, its a good choice not to go with newegg. Try to negiotiate with your local stores.

My First PC

6 hours ago, Nabi said:

You'll definitely want a dedicated cpu cooler. Case should be fine for that, as it supports up to 160mm coolers.

https://om.pcpartpicker.com/list/NnJTd9

If you need to go a bit cheaper, just do a 5600 build.

https://om.pcpartpicker.com/list/jJHJv3

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

1 minute ago, GeorgeMKane said:

You'll definitely want a dedicated cpu cooler. Case should be fine for that, as it supports up to 160mm coolers.

https://om.pcpartpicker.com/list/NnJTd9

as far as the internet is concerned, 940 us dollars is about 360 oman currency, not 460

6 hours ago, Nabi said:

Check this out

But as @PcBeExpensive said, if you go outside of newegg you can probs get better deals

PCPartPicker Part List: https://om.pcpartpicker.com/list/KQ9ysL

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (OMR75.30 @ Newegg Oman) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M AORUS ELITE Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (OMR67.01 @ Newegg Oman) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (OMR27.00 @ Newegg Oman) 
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (OMR34.35 @ Newegg Oman) 
Video Card: ASRock Phantom Gaming D OC Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB Video Card  (OMR127.66 @ Newegg Oman) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (OMR50.24 @ Newegg Oman) 
Total: OMR381.56
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-21 12:56 +04+0400

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

13 minutes ago, filpo said:

as far as the internet is concerned, 940 us dollars is about 360 oman currency, not 460

Check this out

But as @PcBeExpensive said, if you go outside of newegg you can probs get better deals

PCPartPicker Part List: https://om.pcpartpicker.com/list/KQ9ysL

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (OMR75.30 @ Newegg Oman) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M AORUS ELITE Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (OMR67.01 @ Newegg Oman) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (OMR27.00 @ Newegg Oman) 
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (OMR34.35 @ Newegg Oman) 
Video Card: ASRock Phantom Gaming D OC Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB Video Card  (OMR127.66 @ Newegg Oman) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (OMR50.24 @ Newegg Oman) 
Total: OMR381.56
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-21 12:56 +04+0400

My only issue with that list is that there is only 16gb of ram, most modern games require more than that. Is the 5700xt that bad of a gpu?

My First PC

2 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Is the 5700xt that bad of a gpu?

I mean no so if you can find it cheap enough then it should be fine

2 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

My only issue with that list is that there is only 16gb of ram

2 hours ago, Nabi said:

watch dogs legion, red dead redemption 2, assassins creed Valhalla, and Cyberpunk.

with these games 16 gigs of ram SHOULD be fine. Not amazing, but fine

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

15 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Lol

14 hours ago, Nabi said:

Okay sorry I know I'm annoying, but I changed it a bit.

I also made it Oman pcpartpicker.

https://om.pcpartpicker.com/list/MFsjPX

How the game looks doesn't really matter to me, as long as I'm able to play it without anything getting in the way.

games like: watch dogs legion, red dead redemption 2, assassins creed Valhalla, and Cyberpunk.

There’s a pcpartpicker for Oman? Cool!  I’ll use that then.

12 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

My only issue with that list is that there is only 16gb of ram, most modern games require more than that. Is the 5700xt that bad of a gpu?

No you’re thinking of 8gb they might in the future go over 16gb though so some people are buying 32gb

Ok.  This may seem a bit low end because it is.  It’s a low end 4k build though.  Which means to make it work right it needs a true 4k monitor with high refresh.  NONE of the monitors on pcpartpicker had prices on them, so I went without and simply left enough space to find something.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (OMR54.30 @ Newegg Oman) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (OMR60.73 @ Newegg Oman) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (OMR38.55 @ Newegg Oman) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (OMR39.60 @ Newegg Oman) 
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 319 Radeon RX 6950 XT 16 GB Video Card  (OMR272.99 @ Newegg Oman) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (OMR50.36 @ Newegg Oman) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (OMR78.49 @ Newegg Oman) 
Total: OMR595.02
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-22 01:27 +04+0400

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

No you’re thinking of 8gb they might in the future go over 16gb though so some people are buying 32gb

No not really? I have heard stories of people playing Hogwarts Legacy and that game with a youtube tab open takes like 14gb.

My First PC

21 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

No not really? I have heard stories of people playing Hogwarts Legacy and that game with a youtube tab open takes like 14gb.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CY2fY9 How is this?

I found a used 3060ti in a local shop.

If you’ve got spare money in the budget I would go for a ddr5 board rather than ddr4 at this point for lga1700.  Because you can basically ddr4 at this point is one of the weaknesses of am4 atm.  A 3060ti is more or less competitive with the 6700xt iirc. So 1440p. One of the big problems with Nvidia cards atm though is they tend to be short on memory.  If it’s only got 8gb it’s a do-not-buy because there are already games that need more memory for even just 1080p. That 6950xt would eat it for lunch. A 3060ti 8gb isn’t really a gaming card these days mostly because it’s too short on memory. If it’s a 10 or 12 you’re fine though.

Edited by Bombastinator

29 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If you’ve got spare money in the budget I would go for a ddr5 board rather than ddr4 at this point for lga1700.  Because you can basically ddr4 at this point is one of the weaknesses of am4 atm.  A 3060ti is more or less competitive with the 6700xt iirc. So 1440p. One of the big problems with Nvidia cards atm though is they tend to be short on memory.  If it’s only got 8gb it’s a do-not-buy because there are already games that need more memory for even just 1080p. That 6950xt would eat it for lunch. A 3060ti 8gb isn’t really a gaming card these days mostly because it’s too short on memory. If it’s a 10 or 12 you’re fine though.

I'm tryna spend less money and you're telling me to spend more lol.

I mean from the benchmarks I've seen with this GPU and CPU combo, it's not that bad tbh.

But still, I know nothing about PCs so I'm probably wrong.

I just wanna get a PC that works and can comfortably play any game with.

1 hour ago, Nabi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CY2fY9 How is this?

I found a used 3060ti in a local shop.

The 6700xt performs better than the 3060 ti, try to find that.

My First PC

3 hours ago, Nabi said:

I'm tryna spend less money and you're telling me to spend more lol.

I mean from the benchmarks I've seen with this GPU and CPU combo, it's not that bad tbh.

But still, I know nothing about PCs so I'm probably wrong.

I just wanna get a PC that works and can comfortably play any game with.

Well a 3060ti ain’t that.  It’s not the power or speed.  Even a regular 3060 used to kick butt at 1080p. It’s the memory. 8gb doesn’t cut it any more.  If this was even a straight 3060 but with enough memory it would be a fine way to go.