Are Deepcool FC120 fans good?

hezisix

How is the performance and noise level on the FC120s compared to other rgb fans, because I plan to get them to match the fans on the LS720 aio.

The blade profile makes for a lot of harmonic resonances, with a thin root and large blade area it is a poor design. One harmonic is particularly bad around the transition point between laminar and turbulent flow over the blades. I would avoid getting them and opt for something else.

I would rather get TL-C12C RBG fans before I got DeepCool FK 120 

This is the FK 120 model but it's the same blade profile as the FC 120 only difference is RBG.

DCFK-120.thumb.png.5a5cb34c47877aff7c1a523336745f12.png

1 hour ago, TeraSeraph said:

The blade profile makes for a lot of harmonic resonances, with a thin root and large blade area it is a poor design. One harmonic is particularly bad around the transition point between laminar and turbulent flow over the blades. I would avoid getting them and opt for something else.

Too nerdy didnt read: it gets loud and annoying. +1, especially considering that a lot of Phanteks D-RGBs and Fractal Aspect 12 ARGB is in the same price range, the only reason to pick it is because Deepcool shoved it in you for free with either your Deepcool cooler or Deepcool case.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

Too nerdy didnt read: it gets loud and annoying. +1, especially considering that a lot of Phanteks D-RGBs and Fractal Aspect 12 ARGB is in the same price range, the only reason to pick it is because Deepcool shoved it in you for free.

So should i swap the stock fans on the ls720 for maybe arctic p12s?

1 minute ago, hezisix said:

So should i swap the stock fans on the ls720 for maybe arctic p12s?

I mean thats on you, is it annoying to you? Performance wise they are about to be expected for a bog standard SP fans, P12 would be an upgrade mainly in noise profile and level.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

34 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

I mean thats on you, is it annoying to you? Performance wise they are about to be expected for a bog standard SP fans, P12 would be an upgrade mainly in noise profile and level.

Do you know how good the stock fans are the EK-AIO 280 D-RGB are?

4 hours ago, hezisix said:

Do you know how good the stock fans are the EK-AIO 280 D-RGB are?

That would be the Vardar line, those are actually worthwhile to keep and kept itself decently quiet.