EV Charger heat exchanger re purpose for custom loop. Help/suggestions needed.

Greetings all.

A few DC ev charger heat exchangers have been scrapped at work and was given the opportunity to take it away. Since the rear rads looked like 2x240 i jumped on it as my aio has bitten the dust lately.

It has innovatek coolant and an innovatek sticker on it. I know mixing metals is bad so how can I check what its made of/ any advice on what I can re use? I will need tubing, adaptors and a good cpu block (the pump/reservoir combo uses quick disconnect fittings) It is a 24v system so might need a 12-24 buck converter to run the pump. I wont be using the fans it came with as they are metal and pretty finger chop looking.

Any advice is welcome.

Coolan that was supplied ( have a fresh unopened bottle is Innovatek 501914 52% Glycol (1,2 Ethanediol)but there is no specifics of the pump or rad in it as they don't have stickers. Will tear it down fully a bit later as there is a controller board fitted that the flow meter, temp probes, fans and pump connect to.

Thankyou

5wdd8elgky6b1.webp

ufrd19lgky6b1.webp

l5dmz8lgky6b1.webp

ntd389lgky6b1.webp

Mix metals should be ok if you run 10-20% antifreeze, i mean cars have been doing mix metals for decades now

i do have a ghetto loop with a car evap rad but im too lazy to finish it even though it just needs a block and a bucket of water for the res, not to mention having to buy antifreeze to not bork the waterblock. With the money im expecting ive kinda just given up and im waiting on money to go and build myself a phase change cooler

12 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

i mean cars have been doing mix metals for decades now

and have you checked how an antifreeze and water pump look without frequent flush on it? Its fine for car because routine maintenance is to be expected, and overall there's just more metal to go around compared to water blocks.

Id definitely do some precursory research on whether theyre aluminum or copper, just better be safe than sorry.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Apparently after some digging, these look like Hardware labs nemesis gtr 240's. 54mm thick, 16fpi. So its cooper (also scratched around the fitting a bit to see and yep it looks like cooper/brass from colour).
Need to get new fittings, tubing, and start to reverse engineer that controller board.

This unit has inlet/outlet temp sensor. Flow meter, and all built into a custom controller. Controller has Jtag on it, so I think I will start digging.

photo_2023-06-19_16-56-52.jpg

photo_2023-06-20_09-48-23.jpg

photo_2023-06-20_09-48-24.jpg

photo_2023-06-20_01-21-51.jpg

photo_2023-06-20_09-48-24 (2).jpg

photo_2023-06-20_09-48-24 (3).jpg