LTT Merch at Memory Express and Canada Computers?

CuriousBread

I'm interested in buying some LTT Merch but god damn.... I live like 20 minutes from the actual LTT office and presumably the distribution centre. If I were buying it from a warehouse on the other side of the continent I don't mind paying $20 for shipping. But if it's coming from literally just 20 minutes away. I find myself just stuck at the checkout screen reluctant to throw $20 away when I could have just.....drove over and picked up my order. 

Is there any chance LTT will partner up with a major retail partner like Memory Express and Canada Computers to distribute their wares? All of the products come pretty highly recommended, basically if you know about tech media, you know about the LTT screwdriver and various merch. AND Memory Express is local right next to LTT. Is it gonna happen soon?

Professional underdog supporter.
KEEP THE COMPETITION ALIVE! 

This question comes up a lot.

It's complicated and they have not made any hints that it's happening.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

16 minutes ago, CuriousBread said:

I'm interested in buying some LTT Merch but god damn.... I live like 20 minutes from the actual LTT office and presumably the distribution centre. If I were buying it from a warehouse on the other side of the continent I don't mind paying $20 for shipping. But if it's coming from literally just 20 minutes away. I find myself just stuck at the checkout screen reluctant to throw $20 away when I could have just.....drove over and picked up my order. 

Is there any chance LTT will partner up with a major retail partner like Memory Express and Canada Computers to distribute their wares? All of the products come pretty highly recommended, basically if you know about tech media, you know about the LTT screwdriver and various merch. AND Memory Express is local right next to LTT. Is it gonna happen soon?

pretty much 0 point for them to do that. Losing more money to having another company sell your stuff. You can always message them and ask if you can pick it up rather then ship, a lot of the time its a liability and such without having a proper storefront. 

6 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

This question comes up a lot.

It's complicated and they have not made any hints that it's happening.

I seem to remember Linus touched on this on WAN Show in the last couple months. Apparently they're working with a couple as-of-yet unnamed retailers to sell at least Screwdrivers. It's a lot more complicated than just "here, sell our stuff", but at the very least they're not saying no.

I don't remember which episode it was specifically, but I think it was a merch message. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

We actually sold the original WAN hoodie through retail partners. There we advantages and disadvantages to this approach.

As it stands right now I'm not aware of any any deals we have inked to sell our current stuff through any retailers, but who knows what the future will hold.

18 hours ago, CuriousBread said:

I live like 20 minutes from the actual LTT office and presumably the distribution centre. I find myself just stuck at the checkout screen reluctant to throw $20 away when I could have just.....drove over and picked up my order.

As mentioned you might send a message. Might not be so lucky in this instance though. I know I have a similar situation with a local motorcycle parts company, and those guys will usually meet me on their lunch break, and I can pickup parts from them then. I've met them at the local Wendy's to grab parts several times actually.  It's a much smaller company though.