The latest version of my ryzen pc build. Borderline silent air cooled system.

calvinps02

I’ve now used every gen of ryzen up to the 5000 series! I built my first budget pc in late 2017, and my newest version of the build about 2 months ago. Earlier this year I bought a bunch of used mining gpus from an ex miner for VERY cheap, I cleaned them up and repasted them and was able to resell them and made enough profit to buy myself a new gpu, cpu AND save some money. Check out all 4 versions of my build since 2017!

1.    Late 2017: Ryzen 5 1600, RX 580 8gb, 16gb ddr4
    2.    Late 2018: Ryzen 7 2700x, GTX 1080
    3.    Mid 2020: Ryzen 9 3900x, RTX 2080 Super, 32gb ddr4
    4.    Early 2023: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX 4070ti (Why no founders edition???), 64gb (not in pic)

Also since the mid 2020 build (and recent untimely death of my AIO), I replaced every fan with bequiet fans and optimized my fan curves with fan control to be largely tied to gpu temp because cpu temp is always fine. At idle, this is almost 0dB. At full load, it makes as much noise as most pcs do at idle. I need to get a meter to figure out how much but it’s an incredibly silent system while still keeping temps cool.

Gpu is usually at 65 in games with a maximum of 71. Cpu evens out at low 80’s under a full load. Everything idles around 40. It’s spectacular! And one thing I love about this ventus card is that it goes from full load to 40c with 0rpm in less than 5 seconds. I’ve never had a card that dispersed heat so quickly and efficiently. I would’ve gotten a founders if they were available, but I guess because of that whole 4080 12gb mess they didn’t have time for it. 

IMG_3669.jpeg

IMG_3670.jpeg

IMG_3671.jpeg

IMG_3672.jpeg

47 minutes ago, calvinps02 said:

I’ve now used every gen of ryzen up to the 5000 series! I built my first budget pc in late 2017, and my newest version of the build about 2 months ago. Earlier this year I bought a bunch of used mining gpus from an ex miner for VERY cheap, I cleaned them up and repasted them and was able to resell them and made enough profit to buy myself a new gpu, cpu AND save some money. Check out all 4 versions of my build since 2017!

1.    Late 2017: Ryzen 5 1600, RX 580 8gb, 16gb ddr4
    2.    Late 2018: Ryzen 7 2700x, GTX 1080
    3.    Mid 2020: Ryzen 9 3900x, RTX 2080 Super, 32gb ddr4
    4.    Early 2023: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX 4070ti (Why no founders edition???), 64gb (not in pic)

Also since the mid 2020 build (and recent untimely death of my AIO), I replaced every fan with bequiet fans and optimized my fan curves with fan control to be largely tied to gpu temp because cpu temp is always fine. At idle, this is almost 0dB. At full load, it makes as much noise as most pcs do at idle. I need to get a meter to figure out how much but it’s an incredibly silent system while still keeping temps cool.

Gpu is usually at 65 in games with a maximum of 71. Cpu evens out at low 80’s under a full load. Everything idles around 40. It’s spectacular! And one thing I love about this ventus card is that it goes from full load to 40c with 0rpm in less than 5 seconds. I’ve never had a card that dispersed heat so quickly and efficiently. I would’ve gotten a founders if they were available, but I guess because of that whole 4080 12gb mess they didn’t have time for it. 

BeQuiet fans are great, I still have a DC 3 pair of their fans that are still going 9 years later.

Borderline silent isn't hard to get with the right setup, even my setup is borderline silent, where under a +700W load will be nearly inaudible. I do let my CPU and GPU heat up about +10C more than the default profiles, but the extra heat transfer is worth it to run the 4x140mm case fans near silent.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

7 minutes ago, Agall said:

BeQuiet fans are great, I still have a DC 3 pair of their fans that are still going 9 years later.

Borderline silent isn't hard to get with the right setup, even my setup is borderline silent, where under a +700W load will be nearly inaudible. I do let my CPU and GPU heat up about +10C more than the default profiles, but the extra heat transfer is worth it to run the 4x140mm case fans near silent.

Yeah it’s pretty incredible how easy it was to do that, I only recently started paying close attention to airflow and temps. 

6 minutes ago, calvinps02 said:

Yeah it’s pretty incredible how easy it was to do that, I only recently started paying close attention to airflow and temps. 

I need to take an updated picture of my system since the most recent one still has stupid RGB in it.

Better cable management, especially the 12VHPWR, and different non-RGB fans (with motherboard RGB also disabled). Mesh side panel version of the North so I had to remove it for the photo.

image.png.651eee6456dd90463851f16897c0e034.png

Overall with the right hysteresis and a more aggressively low fan profile, its pretty easy to do, even in one of the most extreme cases. Having plenty of ventilation like a mesh side panel really does help, since I've also ran this system in a 4000D which is literally the same size/dimensions.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017