Light wings high speed problem, help!

Mitico

Got today the light wings high speed triple pack fans, mounted them with no problem but when I turned on the pc, I noticed just the rgb lights up but the fans dont spin at all, already tried to double check connections, set them to full speed from bios but nothing works so far.. I am clueless... Missing something or I messed up? I mean, connected all 3 fans to the included hub, connected the hub to sata power and connected the rgb cable from the hub to the rgb header on the motherboard (3 pins one)

u dont tell us were the fans are connected tho 

the user manual is brilliantly unclear.. but this sounds like you've plugged in the RGB, but havent plugged in the fan power.

47 minutes ago, NorKris said:

u dont tell us were the fans are connected tho 

To the included hub/controller

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the user manual is brilliantly unclear.. but this sounds like you've plugged in the RGB, but havent plugged in the fan power.

But wait, the sata cable doesn't power even the fans? Whats the point of the included hub if I still need to plug the pwm cable of each fan, but I guess that makes sense since they dont spin at all..

Be Quiet! has at least 2 different hubs. One only is for the RGB only (no 4 pin PWM), not power and I believe that is what comes with the 3 pack. The other has RGB and PWM 4 pin, I believe that one is sold seperately and/or only comes with the AIO (that was my experience, as I bought the 3 pack fans and an AIO from them, and I got 1 of each). As to why no fan power on 3 pack, I can only surmise that most people want to control individual fan speeds based on configuration (I.E 2 fan intake and 1 fan exhaust as an example). The fan power one comes with the AIO because you want all the fans at same speed on AIO... But thats just a guess as to their reasoning

18 minutes ago, Mitico said:

But wait, the sata cable doesn't power even the fans? Whats the point of the included hub if I still need to plug the pwm cable of each fan, but I guess that makes sense since they dont spin at all..

What they mean is did you plug the hub into the mobo? SATA gives power, but the mobo controls the fans.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

6 hours ago, Mitico said:

the hub in the 3pack of fans are rgb only. 

a little secret / life hack    showing pics of the stuff u need help with and or links to the products u got  is an eaaasssy way to get better help faster 😉 

16 hours ago, Mitico said:

for as much as the manual tells, all that stuff is for the RGB.

12 hours ago, NorKris said:

the hub in the 3pack of fans are rgb only. 

a little secret / life hack    showing pics of the stuff u need help with and or links to the products u got  is an eaaasssy way to get better help faster 😉 

Yeah I know, yesterday was a messy day, so could not take some good pictures, here you go IMG_20230614_191834593.jpg.f31d5bfbb242dc9b915d7c2538adbef7.jpgIMG_20230614_190711679.jpg.0ecc94e3200b267e5dbbb7eccffeca1c.jpg

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

for as much as the manual tells, all that stuff is for the RGB.

I tried to follow the manual as well, but it just says plug in the fans into the hub, then sata power and as last the rgb cable into the motherboard one.. still they don't spin but they light up, I even tired the second rgb header on the motherboard, nothing has changed 

You haven't connected the PWM plugs to the mobo. I see them in the bottom middle of the photo. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

1 minute ago, RevGAM said:

You haven't connected the PWM plugs to the mobo. I see them in the bottom middle of the photo. 

Yeah I know, that's what I was saying, thought the hub does everything, as even the manual shows.. gonna try it now, but sucks, I mean what's the point of including a hub if it doesn't do anything beside splitting rbg 

20 minutes ago, Mitico said:

Yeah I know, that's what I was saying, thought the hub does everything, as even the manual shows.. gonna try it now, but sucks, I mean what's the point of including a hub if it doesn't do anything beside splitting rbg 

It's probably a generic manual for multiple versions of the hub. All ports are clearly marked a LED, and a lot of manufacturers are bad at documentation...I suppose the hub gives some control over the LEDs so that they behave like RGB LEDs, correct?

15 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

It's probably a generic manual for multiple versions of the hub. All ports are clearly marked a LED, and a lot of manufacturers are bad at documentation...I suppose the hub gives some control over the LEDs so that they behave like RGB LEDs, correct?

Yeah, correct.. after connecting pwm cables they work... Feel kinda dumb ngl, I consider myself a pc enthusiast but then I fail at this... In my defense it's my first time ever using rgb fans, I was old school all blacked out 😮‍💨.. thanks for the help guys, you saved me a lot of headaches and days of me trying to get to it

1 hour ago, Mitico said:

Yeah, correct.. after connecting pwm cables they work... Feel kinda dumb ngl, I consider myself a pc enthusiast but then I fail at this... In my defense it's my first time ever using rgb fans, I was old school all blacked out 😮‍💨.. thanks for the help guys, you saved me a lot of headaches and days of me trying to get to it

No worries. We were happy to help you find the solution. Sometimes all that is needed is a photo and explanation. So, do the lights behave like RGB LED or just LED?

When you're done, please mark someone for the solution so people know the case is closed.

14 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

No worries. We were happy to help you find the solution. Sometimes all that is needed is a photo and explanation. So, do the lights behave like RGB LED or just LED?

When you're done, please mark someone for the solution so people know the case is closed.

They behave like rgb led, everything works as intended, thanks again guys 

Although you marked me, it truly was a team effort on this. Credit to @manikyath, @NorKris and @Kainite311!