Feedback on my pc build.

Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
3 hours ago, Liamwasbezet said:

Is the airflow really is that bad of the hyte y40 (with extra fans) can't find reliable answers

Yep, its comically bad. Hyte/iBuyPower severely cut down on its volume and there's just not enough gaps for airflow on it compared to the full sized Y60.

1 hour ago, oofki said:

Yeahhh.... I'd much prefer a CPU with 8 cores than a 7900xtx, if I had to choose.

In the future sure, but games now still havent scaled up to 8/16. Its nice to have but ultimately wont matter at 1440p/4K, atleast not now. More like 4-5 years.

people recocomended that i upgraded to a 7900 xtx over an xt is this a good upgrade for the price

nods

did i overspend on the pc in comparison to the monitor ?

Not really. For monitor you don't want just barebone to what works like other supporting components, you want a monitor that performs the best in what matters to you the most, so in the case of gaming you want the best motion clarity possible for your budget, after the usual suspect of higher refresh rate than your usual 60-75Hz.

Your build doesn't look too bad from initial one. I saw this thread after your message so this is also a response to that.

1. You'll want EXPO profile on AM5 platform. D.O.C.P would work - AMD falls back to this when they don't see an EXPO profile in your RAM, its AM4 version of XMP - but I've seen more cases of instability than stable. Its either EXPO or just doing it manually which can be labor-intensive compared to the payoff.
  2. 1000W is way too much for this configuration unless if youre considering to heavily overclock it (which is hard for both CPU and GPU here) or getting a lot of other high power parts in your computer like RGB lighting or high capacity/"high speed" HDD. 750-850W would be fine.
  3. You'll want to consider extra intake fans, O11 doesn't come with one. NZXT H9 comes with some for 20 Euro extra and its quite decent, actually.
  4. 1TB is not enough, period. Especially as game demands faster and bigger storage, 2TB of nvme storage is a necessity especially if you want to install more than like, half a dozen games.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€254.80 @ Azerty) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€121.85 @ Megekko) 
Motherboard: ASRock B650 PRO RS ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€224.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL30 Memory  (€122.85 @ Alternate) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€104.95 @ Megekko) 
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 310 Black Edition Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  (€1089.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Case: NZXT H9 Flow ATX Mid Tower Case  (€189.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€188.45 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Monitor: Gigabyte G27Q 27.0" 2560 x 1440 144 Hz Monitor  (€299.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Total: €2595.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-12 04:54 CEST+0200

So can someone give me some feedback on this This build ? 
The budget was around 2000€ (but went a bit over), on top of that i want a new monitor. 

The build is Mostly for gaming on 1440p high, and for looking good on my desk.

Some qeustions i have regarding this build

• people recocomended that i upgraded to a 7900 xtx over an xt is this a good upgrade for the price ?
  • is the airflow really is that bad of the hyte y40 (with extra fans) can't find reliable answers online ?
  • did i overspend on the pc in comparison to the monitor ?
  • should i upgrade the ryzen 5 to a 7 7700x ?

Please let me now what you think of this build would really apricate the feedback. 
https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/B6HKyK

The theme is white and black (so I don’t mind spending a little extra on rgb and white parts.) 

And I live in the Netherlands. 

9 minutes ago, oofki said:
  • I think so. The XTX is a much better value (FPS per dollar) 
  • Yes, liquid cooling is a must 
  • Depends. How future proof you do want it to be?  What games will you be playing?
  • I think 8 cores is smart for modern gaming 

Mostly playing or planning to play: Gta V, Valorant, Elden ring, hogwarts legacy, ark, rust, Jedi fallan order , destiny 2, Warframe.
and planning to play some new tripple a games when they release.

So you suggest upgrading to the Ryzen 7 ?

Is the airflow really is that bad of the hyte y40 (with extra fans) can't find reliable answers

Yep, its comically bad. Hyte/iBuyPower severely cut down on its volume and there's just not enough gaps for airflow on it compared to the full sized Y60.

1 hour ago, oofki said:

Yeahhh.... I'd much prefer a CPU with 8 cores than a 7900xtx, if I had to choose.

In the future sure, but games now still havent scaled up to 8/16. Its nice to have but ultimately wont matter at 1440p/4K, atleast not now. More like 4-5 years.

people recocomended that i upgraded to a 7900 xtx over an xt is this a good upgrade for the price

nods

did i overspend on the pc in comparison to the monitor ?

Not really. For monitor you don't want just barebone to what works like other supporting components, you want a monitor that performs the best in what matters to you the most, so in the case of gaming you want the best motion clarity possible for your budget, after the usual suspect of higher refresh rate than your usual 60-75Hz.

Your build doesn't look too bad from initial one. I saw this thread after your message so this is also a response to that.

1. You'll want EXPO profile on AM5 platform. D.O.C.P would work - AMD falls back to this when they don't see an EXPO profile in your RAM, its AM4 version of XMP - but I've seen more cases of instability than stable. Its either EXPO or just doing it manually which can be labor-intensive compared to the payoff.
  2. 1000W is way too much for this configuration unless if youre considering to heavily overclock it (which is hard for both CPU and GPU here) or getting a lot of other high power parts in your computer like RGB lighting or high capacity/"high speed" HDD. 750-850W would be fine.
  3. You'll want to consider extra intake fans, O11 doesn't come with one. NZXT H9 comes with some for 20 Euro extra and its quite decent, actually.
  4. 1TB is not enough, period. Especially as game demands faster and bigger storage, 2TB of nvme storage is a necessity especially if you want to install more than like, half a dozen games.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€254.80 @ Azerty) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€121.85 @ Megekko) 
Motherboard: ASRock B650 PRO RS ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€224.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL30 Memory  (€122.85 @ Alternate) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€104.95 @ Megekko) 
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 310 Black Edition Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  (€1089.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Case: NZXT H9 Flow ATX Mid Tower Case  (€189.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€188.45 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Monitor: Gigabyte G27Q 27.0" 2560 x 1440 144 Hz Monitor  (€299.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Total: €2595.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-12 04:54 CEST+0200

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i5-13600KF 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  (€309.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool LS720 WH 85.85 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€139.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Motherboard: *MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€169.00 @ Azerty) 
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (€119.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: *Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€104.95 @ Megekko) 
Video Card: *XFX Speedster MERC 310 Black Edition Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card  (€888.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Case: *Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€118.85 @ Azerty) 
Power Supply: *MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€137.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Monitor  (€329.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Total: €2315.60
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-12 05:16 CEST+0200