PC shuts off after I latch back plate

So I just put in a new processor and I plugged it back in and didn't put the case plates on until I knew everything was working right (cause that's bad luck). Anyways everything is working fine so I put the front and back plate back on and as soon as the back plate latches my PC acts as if I ripped the cord from the wall and the Corsair vengeance RGB ram flashes left right left right. And the PC cant be turned on.

Then if I open the back plate slightly or all the way it can be turned on and boots as normal. Possible short somewhere?

i9 12900K

GALAX 3060ti

Corsair Vengeance 32 Gb

Aorus Z690 Ultra

Thermaltake 850W 80 +gold

13 minutes ago, LeChiffre932 said:

So I just put in a new processor and I plugged it back in and didn't put the case plates on until I knew everything was working right (cause that's bad luck). Anyways everything is working fine so I put the front and back plate back on and as soon as the back plate latches my PC acts as if I ripped the cord from the wall and the Corsair vengeance RGB ram flashes left right left right. And the PC cant be turned on.

Then if I open the back plate slightly or all the way it can be turned on and boots as normal. Possible short somewhere?

i9 12900K

GALAX 3060ti

Corsair Vengeance 32 Gb

Aorus Z690 Ultra

Thermaltake 850W 80 +gold

Either a cable being pinched/ pushed causing a dodgy connection/ short or the back plate/ side panel is contacting the back of the motherboard somehow (although I doubt this as there is a motherboard tray between the panel and motherboard).