Does this Dell PSU work on desktops?

Razzee

I found two of them at a very low price, given that they are 825W models. But will these PSUs work on desktops?

According to the seller, the model is Dell N875EF-00. I found this page.

He also has this Lenovo motherboard, which does not have anything available on the Internet besides speculations (like this page).

It says that the motherboard supports non-ECC sticks, however here a Lenovo representative states otherwise.

Dell N875EF-00 seems to originate from the Precision T550 which doesn't look to use a standard ATX form factor power supply. So it's unlikely you'll be able to fit the power supply into any regular PC case. 

The site says it's an ATX form factor, but the system itself is BTX, and the PSU looks a little stockier like a BTX PSU.

Could you use it? Sure, with a little case modification it could be made to fit. I've done it before. "Should you?", is the better question. It's prooooobably a Delta unit, based upon time, form factor and models it was used in, but it's still a 10-12 year old PSU. I wouldn't do it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

To update the subject, one of the PSUs I got is a 875W model (N875EF-00) and the other is a 525W model (D525AF-00).

Both work on a desktop motherboard, however they are slightly bigger to fit in a standard case. If you remove certain parts of the case, they fit.

The issue is the length of the ATX 12V (24-pin) cable. It's very, very short. 

zSsUWyC.jpg

GjqT7uF.jpg

2G6r2K2.jpg

If I don't manage to sell both any soon, I plan on fitting them inside cases and build a PC on each one. 

I find them interesting because they weigh 2.2/2.5 kg respectively and are 80 Plus Silver compliant. 

Another issue besides the cable length is that despite offering so much power, they have very few cables overall. I don't really see a workaround for this.