100% disk usage after installing windows 10

G O D Z I L L A

My specs:

Core 2 Quad Q8200

Gt 220

2gb ddr3 single channel 1066

Asrock g41c s(motherboard) 

Hdd:Samsung Hm321Hi ATA

PLS HELP ATLAS has been running for 7 hours now the average response time in the pc peaked at 300ms

8 minutes ago, G O D Z I L L A said:

My specs:

Core 2 Quad Q8200

Gt 220

2gb ddr3 single channel 1066

Asrock g41c s(motherboard) 

Hdd:Samsung Hm321Hi ATA

PLS HELP ATLAS has been running for 7 hours now the average response time in the pc peaked at 300ms

Bro you need to go dumpster diving for a new system before you even think about using Windows 10. Go on FB marketplace or your countries equivalent and search until you find a $100 or so system from this millenia

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

6 minutes ago, Space646 said:

Bro how does Windows 10 even support this? Anyways, downgrade to Windows 7 or Linux

Will a ram and ssd fix this

1 minute ago, G O D Z I L L A said:

an SSD would help, but that whole system has to go. That's not even sufficient for light office work

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

36 minutes ago, Deadpool2onBlu-Ray said:

an SSD would help, but that whole system has to go. That's not even sufficient for light office work

I have a friend with similair specs but has 4 gb ram and an ssd and his pc flies its fast af no studder nothing

When I got my first SSD, an Intel X25-M 80GB was about the time that CPU you have came out. I had it in a Q6600 and thought it was mindblowing. It'll probably make a pretty significant difference but still, that CPU you have is 15 years old. 

11 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

When I got my first SSD, an Intel X25-M 80GB was about the time that CPU you have came out. I had it in a Q6600 and thought it was mindblowing. It'll probably make a pretty significant difference but still, that CPU you have is 15 years old. 

I mean its the best cpu in the lga 775 i cant like shove a i5 into this motherboard

1 hour ago, G O D Z I L L A said:

Mostly. It won't make the Q6600 any faster but it will massively help with Windows. With so little RAM, it has to shove more to swap, and your swap is on an HDD which is bog-slow vs even a basic $20 SATA SSD, so it compounds the issue. An SSD and more RAM (try for 8GB, IIRC the platform should support that or even 16, though it's been a while since I had my Q6600 rig) should make it useable. I would check the price on SSD and RAM though, and weigh that vs the cost of snagging an old Dell/HP office machine with a 4th gen i7, it may be a small or no difference. That system would still want an SSD to run properly (W10 essentially requires one to be usable), but it would be much more capable for any task. You can throw a cheap GPU in them and make a mean little budget gaming rig. 

On the topic of usability, what are you using it for? If it doesn't require Windows, you can run one of the lightweight Linux distros to get a slightly better experience. Same as before it doesn't make anything faster, just runs with less overhead, leaving more of what performance there is for the task you're actually doing. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch