MacOS Ventura on "outdated" Macbook Pro mid2012

Hi, I got a MacBook Pro mid2012 for 20$ and I would like to install the latest MacOs on it and 2 years ago I heard about some method to do such thing but I can't find the link in my bookmarks.

Yeah, I know that my current config isnt the best (i7, 4gb RAM and a HDD) but I'll install 2x 2tb SSD's and upgrade the RAM to 16gb, so I could be fine and I'll not using it for gaming or some hardcore programming.

Make sure you're running Catalina first, and then you can use OCLP (OpenCore Legacy Patcher) to install macOS Ventura. I'd suggest waiting to do this until you get an SSD installed. Ventura is not going to run well on a mechanical drive. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Step one is to get a the latest supported version of mac os. You should be able to do this with internet recovery

Then open core legacy patcher is what you what. Here is the download https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher

31 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

Make sure you're running Catalina first, and then you can use OCLP (OpenCore Legacy Patcher) to install macOS Ventura. I'd suggest waiting to do this until you get an SSD installed. Ventura is not going to run well on a mechanical drive. 

Ah, thank you very much. 

Yeah, I'll be using the internet recovery thing running first after installing the SSD(s) to get Catalina first and I already obtained Ventura install file from my temporary "training" MacBook Air which I got from my work. I don't think it matters if the source device of the Ventura download had a security chip or not since it seems to be a generic install file and I was able to get it installed on a USB in case I need to burn it first before bypassing the hardware requirements.

I'll take a look on that patcher next week, since I need to transfer my work files to a USB A/USB C dual connector flash drive.

I rented this piece of garbage for 3 weeks till I got something "better" and it's so annoying that I had to use so many adapters.

Well, this statement comes from a person who used a MacBook G4 and late 2014 MBP where upgrade options and good I/O was still a thing but unfortunatly my good old T440p is not suitable for my new job since they only provide MS Office for Mac licenses and 4 tools which only were released for MacOS and iPadOS.

Yeah, the alternative option of pirating that software for my Windows VM/buying keys from 3rd party could result in a 800-1000$ c&d kind of letter in my country if the source sold illegal keys or if I get caught by the ISP. I already got caught once after getting a Windows 7 key in 2014 but the first warning and a request to delete the software XD 

I'm done with the upgrades. I installed 16gb ram, 2 SSD's and I managed to install Ventura. 

Thanks for helping me out with my problem.

Everything works without any problems

Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-05 um 18.32.17.png