Mouse wheel jumping up and down while scrolling

WackySpace

So I had this mouse for years hv ms901gt and the mouse wheel jumps constantly while scrolling up or down. So I got a new mouse  fxr sm 57, its wired and brand new but when I plugged it in it also jumped so I thought it was a driver problem and downloaded the drivers from the website, did nothing. The only other way this could be happening is if the scroll wheel is dirty but it was brand new. Is there any other solution to this problem?

Also I use the mouse and keyboard on some xbox one games and edge, and the wheel still jumps so it can't be a fault with my computer or software. Doing clean install of windows does nothing too.

Edited by WackySpace

16 minutes ago, WackySpace said:

mouse wheel jumps constantly

Physically or how the scroll goes up and down all the sudden?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

30 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Physically or how the scroll goes up and down all the sudden?

When I use the scroller, it goes anywhere but where I scroll up or down, so its basically unusable. It doesn't jump when not in use.

I had this happen the other day. It was a loose mousewheel cradle, so bearing was not being tactile properly with stepps. I opened the mouse and tightened the scroll wheel cradle with a piece of foil in between and bit of glue between scrollwheel top and inside ring. 

Basically it's either faulty mouse or qc issue and happens later.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

6 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

I had this happen the other day. It was a loose mousewheel cradle, so bearing was not being tactile properly with stepps. I opened the mouse and tightened the scroll wheel cradle with a piece of foil in between and bit of glue between scrollwheel top and inside ring. 

Basically it's either faulty mouse or qc issue and happens later.

Thanks I'll try open my old mouse to see and get some practice in and test it afterwards.