Mesh panel for better GPU cooling?

Currently i'm planning my build in a FD North case and i'm wondering if i get the mesh side panel and put the GPU vertically facing the mesh panel will it lead to better cooling of the GPU?

As far as i understand usually the best practice is to have a solid side panel in order to not disrupt the airflow inside the case and have better overall cooling, but in my case the card would draw fresh air from the side right? 

And just as a general opinion what would be the optimal fan config for this case? Top fans intake or exhaust?

I have 360 AIO infront, 2x 140mm fans at the top, 1x 120mm fan at the back.

Screenshot_20230518-233104_FileViewer.thumb.png.89d55afa93ca0a8dddbee93810261db5.png

6 minutes ago, peerry said:

Currently i'm planning my build in a FD North case and i'm wondering if i get the mesh side panel and put the GPU vertically facing the mesh panel will that lead to better cooling of the GPU?

As far as i understand usually the best practice is to have a solid side panel in order to not disrupt the airflow inside the case and have better overall cooling, but in my case the card would draw fresh air from the side right? 

And just as a general opinion what would be the optimal fan config for this case? Top fans intake or outtake?

I have 360 AIO infront, 2x 140mm at the top, 1x 120mm fan as outtake at the back.

Screenshot_20230518-233104_FileViewer.thumb.png.89d55afa93ca0a8dddbee93810261db5.png

Solid sidepanel.  Top fans pulling air out of the case, they won't do much pulling air in right there. They wont help cool the radiator or the GPU because its drawing air from underneath due to the fans facing down. It will just distrupt the airflow in the case.  Maybe even only have 1 fan at the top so you get slight positive air pressure inside the case, if you have negative pressure, some air will be drawn from gaps in the case that are unfiltered.
I only have 1 exhaust and 3 intakes and it works so well, I do have an NH-D15 pushing air to the rear fan however so it helps get the air where it needs to go.  Its not only about fresh air but you want to exchange the air inside the case as fast as possible.

30 minutes ago, peerry said:

Theories are great and all, but I can tell you in practice, different things happen. So Don't be afraid to experiment a little. Make a fake cardboard side panel if you have to just for testing.

It does if you put a fan on it.  Rather astoundingly even. That’s what I do.  Logic says yes, but I’ve never tested it myself.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

you want the top as exhaust for cpu cooling and extra gpu exhaust . some hot gpu can benafit for the top back fan as more exhaust. thow having it intake might help with vrm cool other have pointed out.  but gpu and cpu > vrm imo

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Your GPU will be cooler if you set your radiator fans to exhaust instead of putting the heat from the CPU into the case!

On 6/3/2023 at 9:08 PM, thejackalope said:

Your GPU will be cooler if you set your radiator fans to exhaust instead of putting the heat from the CPU into the case!

Yeah that's what worries me too, if i use it as an intake the hot air will be dumped into the case.

On 6/3/2023 at 9:08 PM, thejackalope said:

Is that fine both ways? Exhaust even if the AIO is in front? That way the top fans should deliver fresh air and the exhaust will be from the front and back of the case, but the CPU will run slightly warmer i think.