Why is this happening and can I fix it?

I recently bought a refurbished Sapphire Pulse RX 6700xt off eBay and I am testing it and this now happens regardless of what I am doing. Do I need to return the GPU?

Specs of PC (Not mine, just using it to test some of my parts right now)

Intel I7-3770k

Generic motherboard

Evga 650w 80+Gold

16 gb of ram

sapphire Pulse RX 6700xt

Reading thru bottleneck reports etc it seems your CPU even though it is 11 years old should run the CPU relatively well.

I read that you can expect a slight bottleneck of under 15% but frame drops are an issue generally resolved by simply reducing the AA in settings.

From most information I found unless you are pushing a high resolution 60FPS across most games is quite normal even with some of the more intensive games if setting are adjusted.

I think your particular issue may be a result of many minor issues.

for example your running win 7 which misses many of the gaming performance improvements that MS have made over the last years.

Also your system is DDR3 PCI 3 so whilst capable slower than todays hardware of course.

Also I have no idea how long your system has been running ?

Have you used DDU followed by a reboot before installing the latest drivers for your GPU.

I would suggest you look inside your start up folder to check that apps the start on boot are disabled leaving only those that you need to be active.

My suggestions would be to do a little system maintenance and try to clean out anything you dont need.

Use SFC /scannow just to let the system run a quick check in case any system files over time have gotten any issues and need repair.

it is not a fix everything solution but can very often be helpful if over time any system files got a little cranky.

I would also suggest if you have more cable options for the GPU try different cables. DP overall is still generally better than HDMI.

HDMI cables are more problematic and also check what HDMI the cable you are using s at least up to date not that by accident you have an older HDMi 1.2  1.3 etc etc.

I don't expect you got a cable with your GPU purchase so just double check that your HDMI cable corresponds to the HDMI output of the GPU