Is Gigabyte B760M DS3H DDR4 better choice than Asus PRIME B660M-A D4?

The Gigabyte one I have heard people say that it lacks heatsinks, while the Asus one does have them by the looks of it. The Asus one is also a bit more expensive, but is a B660M variant. Is there any reason I should pick the Asus one over the Gigabyte motherboard?

Looking to combine the motherboard with i5-13600KF, 4070, and DDR4 in a rather bugetish build.

Would appreciate any suggestions however, if there is something better than is not much more expensive and not over 150 euros on average in any place in Europe.

1 minute ago, melitopoltokmak said:

Looking to combine the motherboard with i5-13600KF, 4070, and DDR4 in a rather bugetish build.

Would appreciate any suggestions however, if there is something better than is not much more expensive and not over 150 euros on average in any place in Europe.

I would go with this ddr4 one Gigabyte B760M GAMING X AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (B760M GAMING X AX DDR4) - PCPartPicker

or this ddr5 one ASRock B760M PG Riptide Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (B760M PG Riptide) - PCPartPicker

I'm assuming your going ddr4 which is why the ddr5 one looks so much worse than the ddr4 board

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

3 minutes ago, filpo said:

I would go with this ddr4 one Gigabyte B760M GAMING X AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (B760M GAMING X AX DDR4) - PCPartPicker

or this ddr5 one ASRock B760M PG Riptide Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (B760M PG Riptide) - PCPartPicker

I'm assuming your going ddr4 which is why the ddr5 one looks so much worse than the ddr4 board

May I ask, The Gigabyte one you mention costs 165 euros here, around 50 euros more than the B760M version I mentioned in the post. But I see a version of the motherboard that you mention but without the AX which is 125 euros here, is that an issue and AX is a must, or the AX is not that big of a deal and the non-AX version of the GAMING X is just as good?

6 minutes ago, melitopoltokmak said:

is that an issue and AX is a must, or the AX is not that big of a deal and the non-AX version of the GAMING X is just as good?

afaik the ax is just gigabytes way of saying 'wifi' so unless you need that go for the non 'ax' version

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Just now, filpo said:

afaik the ax

IEEE 802.11ax, officially marketed by the Wi-Fi Alliance as Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E, is an IEEE standard for wireless local-area networks and the successor of 802.11ac

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.