how do i connect this ssd

MiszS
Go to solution Solved by leclod,

Many MBs M.2 sockets can handle both PCIe and SATA ssds.

M.2 ssds can use either PCIe and SATA protocol (not sure where you stand).

So if you've got an M.2 socket on your MB then you could just try it.

So today i dug up this old ssd from my laptop, and i wonder how can i connect it to my pc, because its supposedly sata m.2 ssd, but it doesnt seem like it can fit in the sata connector, so how can i connect it to my

pc, or what adaptor do i have to buy so i can use it

edit: i forgot to update on this, but it just worked when i replaced my pcie ssd with it, and i managed to get all my files from it

image.png.d3f50298ec4ac2dab1847935a320f517.png 

That is a B+M key M2, meaning its probably Sata, meaning you can only use it with something like this. You should double check in any case to confirm this is SSD is actually SATA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364272478536

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

32 minutes ago, Levent said:

That is a B+M key M2, meaning its probably Sata, meaning you can only use it with something like this. You should double check in any case to confirm this is SSD is actually SATA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364272478536

oh thx for the answer, but if it isnt sata, can the ssd be damanged, or will it simply not work? i cant rlly find anything that says if its sata or not on the ssd itself

20 minutes ago, MiszS said:

oh thx for the answer, but if it isnt sata, can the ssd be damanged, or will it simply not work? i cant rlly find anything that says if its sata or not on the ssd itself

It just wouldn't work. Give us a picture of the full SSD and labels and we can probably tell you if it's SATA or NVMe.

Many MBs M.2 sockets can handle both PCIe and SATA ssds.

M.2 ssds can use either PCIe and SATA protocol (not sure where you stand).

So if you've got an M.2 socket on your MB then you could just try it.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

46 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It just wouldn't work. Give us a picture of the full SSD and labels and we can probably tell you if it's SATA or NVMe.

yeah i actually peeled off a sticker it had on the first sticker (was pretty hard to do) and it says sata