Should I upgrade my Switch?

I have been noticing lately that my Switch's battery has been decreasing (about 4 hours of Youtube Playback) and it has been getting hotter than usual (to the point of effecting frames). A battery would cost about $40 US, and new thermal paste with isopropyl alcohol would cost about $12 US. Would it be worth it?

I really hate chemistry.

Just now, Brady AKA MrHoot2000 said:

I have been noticing lately that my Switch's battery has been decreasing (about 4 hours of Youtube Playback) and it has been getting hotter than usual (to the point of effecting frames). A battery would cost about $40 US, and new thermal paste with isopropyl alcohol would cost about $12 US. Would it be worth it?

your call do you use it enough where you think you should get it. If so then yes get it, otherwise dont

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

3 minutes ago, Brady AKA MrHoot2000 said:

Depends on how much you want to save the extra money. The fixes you suggested will likely work and keep a unit a step further away from becoming e-waste. However, buying a new unit gets you warranty and some degree of future-proofing for the next couple of years, if you're a frequent user, the latter option may be more appealing.

Ultimately, both are valid suggestions, depends on which one you're more comfortable with. 馃檪

Glowing screen captures,

Sleep eludes, lost in pixels,

Restless eyes still yearn.

-ChatGPT; the greatest poet of our generation.