Motherboard standoff not aligned

Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,
24 minutes ago, Kurotsune said:

Is this going to pose any problems in the long run or should take everything apart and try to re-seat the motherboard?

The big ring-shaped trace around the hole is just a ground field, so it shouldn't cause any immediate issues.

I'd back all the motherboard standoff screws off a little bit and make sure all of the standoffs are in their holes properly. There's a chance the center hole on your case and motherboard are both slightly out of spec, but I think that's unlikely.

If you can't get it to line up, and if it will help you sleep at night, take the motherboard out and remove that standoff. As long as you're careful connecting things to the motherboard in that area, it should be okay. Stick something non-conductive like a rubber chair foot in there if you want to give the board a little more support in that area.

So I just built a new rig about 2 weeks ago and today as I was trying to hook something up, I noticed one of the standoffs didn't go in the designated motherboard holes. (See attached image)
In the picture is the middle screw out of 9(2nd row, 2nd column), the one above it is all the way in, and I'm unable to see the bottom one and the three near the IO side, but the three standoffs furthest to the IO are all aligned and seated inside the holes correctly.

Is this going to pose any problems in the long run or should take everything apart and try to re-seat the motherboard?

Case: Lian Li Lancool III
Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 UD AX

Screenshot_20230525_183905_Gallery.jpg

24 minutes ago, Kurotsune said:

The big ring-shaped trace around the hole is just a ground field, so it shouldn't cause any immediate issues.

I'd back all the motherboard standoff screws off a little bit and make sure all of the standoffs are in their holes properly. There's a chance the center hole on your case and motherboard are both slightly out of spec, but I think that's unlikely.

If you can't get it to line up, and if it will help you sleep at night, take the motherboard out and remove that standoff. As long as you're careful connecting things to the motherboard in that area, it should be okay. Stick something non-conductive like a rubber chair foot in there if you want to give the board a little more support in that area.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

17 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Alright thanks for the insight, it's causing a bit of flex in the mobo(pushing the board inward a little bit) since it's not aligned with the others so I'm worried about that as well. I guess I'll just go ahead and re-seat the mobo to be sure.

I found the culprit, it was a wrong type of standoff all along. I can't remember if this was pre installed or if i put it there by mistake. Regardless I made the right choice to open it up.

20230525_222241.jpg