Sci-fi recommendations

Nexus

So I decided to create this thread for all you science fiction lovers out there to share what series you enjoy with the community.

Personally i've recently been watching Battlestar Galactica for the first time (the new series) and its absolutely amazing. 

Other ones i would recommend are:

Stargate(both SG-1 and Atlantis) They story arcs are amazing and the characters are just lovable in so many ways :)

Terra Nova. Who doesn't love time travel and dinosaurs?

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Firefly

Space: Above and Beyond.

For any Star Trek doubters out there, DS9 is probably that one show you will enjoy. Contains the darkest Star Trek episodes ever. Of which my personal favourite is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FiybK3amPc

Sorry for the dutch subs. But really, WATCH THIS! It shows that there is Star Trek out there where humans act as actual humans.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Didn't realise this had been done before and i didn't find anything when i quickly searched the forum.

Firefly

For any Star Trek doubters out there, DS9 is probably that one show you will enjoy. Contains the darkest Star Trek episodes ever. Of which my personal favourite is:

Sorry for the dutch subs. But really, WATCH THIS! It shows that there is Star Trek out there where humans act as actual humans.

Firefly, that is all.

Firefly was amazing, it should never have been cancelled.

Never really got into any star trek but ill defo check it out.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Didn't realise this had been done before and i didn't find anything when i quickly searched the forum.

Firefly was amazing, it should never have been cancelled.

Never really got into any star trek but ill defo check it out.

I agree, I'm only fourteen, so it was airing when I was seven, but I recently found it (last year) and I love it! My science teacher (awesome cool teacher), lent me her personal copy of Serenity. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

So I decided to create this thread for all you science fiction lovers out there to share what series you enjoy with the community.

Personally i've recently been watching Battlestar Galactica for the first time (the new series) and its absolutely amazing. 

Other ones i would recommend are:

Stargate(both SG-1 and Atlantis) They story arcs are amazing and the characters are just lovable in so many ways :)

Terra Nova. Who doesn't love time travel and dinosaurs?

Definitely have to agree with the SG characters. Rodney Mckay is by far my favourite.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Farscape, that is all

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

-The Fly I & The Fly II

-Animatrix (an animated short film within the Matrix Trilogy)

-Fifth Element

Doctor who literally the longest running scifi series nothing literally can beat it lol either original or new

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Star Wars 4, 5 & 6. (The real star wars).

Star Trek: The original Series & The films that go with that. (The ones with Leonard Nimoy & William Shatner) I'm a huge fan of those.

And yes, Back To The Future.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Currently watching Star Trek: The Original Series on Netflix. Almost finished with Season 1. I love it so far.

All recommendations are taken from my netflix rating history and I have watched every one.

My favorites in no particular order:

Firefly

Serenity (Firefly Movie)

Logan's Run

Blade Runner

Star Wars

The Matrix

Stalker

Solaris (classic russian one from the 70's)

The Island

THX 1138

Moon

Dr. Strangelove

Inception

A Boy and His Dog

District 9

Death Race 2000 (1975 version)

Fahrenheit 451 (1966)

Waterworld

2001: A Space Odyssey

RoboCop

Children of Men

A Clockwork Orange

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Mad Max

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome

Other recommendations:

Family Guy: Blue Harvest after watching Star Wars

Men In Black movies

Animatrix

12 Monkeys

Zardoz

Spaceballs

Back to the Future

Dune

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Minority Report

Aeon Flux

Robot Chicken: Star Wars

Brazil

Pi

V for Vendetta

Apollo 13

eXistenZ

The Terminator movies

Starship Troopers

Metropolis

Alien

Tron (classic is better but the modern one is worth watching)

Paycheck

The Golden Compass (I loved the books so much as a kid that I might be a little biased towards the movie)

Soylent Green

Equilibrium

War of the Worlds

Jurassic Park

Pitch Black

Chronicles of Riddick

Gattaca

Ghostbusters

X-Men movies

Contact (I liked it ;)

Armageddon

Dark City

28 Days Later

Eraserhead

The Fifth Element

The Fountain

Legend

Highlander

2010: The Year We Make Contact

I, Robot

A Scanner Darkly

Watchmen

The Time Machine

Please reply or PM me if you see a movie I have missed and you like because I am always on the look out for new sci fi and fantasy movies. Does not matter to me if it foreign, black and white, silent, animated, etc.... Thanks.

CPU-[i5 3570k-4.6ghz at 1.33v]  GPU-[4gb Zotac GTX 680 1126 core 6800 mem]   MOBO-[Gigabyte Z77 UD4H]   PSU-[Corsair TX 650]   RAM-[2x8gb DDR3 1333 GSkill Ripjaws X]   Case-[Corsair 550D (2xNoctua NF-F12, 1xNoctua NF-A14 intake, 1xNoctua NF-A14 exhaust)]   CPU Cooler-[Noctua NH D14]   Boot Drive-[Crucial m4 256GB SSD]   Game Drive-[500GB Western Digital Caviar Black]   Storage Drive-[2.5" 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black]   Sound Card-[Asus Xonar DG]   Optical Drive-[Lite-On IHAS-124]  Monitor-[Dell U2312HM] Keyboard-[CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-Brown Switches] Mouse-[Logitech G400] Speakers-[Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX]

Farscape, that is all

AMEN! Best show ever made... yes that includes firefly. but only because firefly only has 13 episodes.

now im being serious about the next ones but it'll probably piss some ppl off..

the transformers films (yes those bay films...)

john carter

book of eli

Alien movies

Prometheus

rise of the planet of the apes

Real Steel

if we're also talking fantasy then of course the lord of the rings trilogy.

I like a lot of the earlier mentioned films as well of course. Thought i'd mention a few i didn't see.

I have no signature

AMEN! Best show ever made... yes that includes firefly. but only because firefly only has 13 episodes.

now im being serious about the next ones but it'll probably piss some ppl off..

the transformers films (yes those bay films...)

john carter

book of eli

Alien movies

Prometheus

rise of the planet of the apes

Real Steel

if we're also talking fantasy then of course the lord of the rings trilogy.

I like a lot of the earlier mentioned films as well of course. Thought i'd mention a few i didn't see.

the end of prometheus prety much says "I'm a prequel"

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

Some pretty good suggestions here guys. Guess ive got a lot of watching to do over the summer.

Definitely have to agree with the SG characters. Rodney Mckay is by far my favourite.

Mckay is amazing. I love how much his character changes from his original appearance in SG-1.

Im disapointed that they aren't going to do an Atlantis movie seeing as how there are still thing to wrap up.

Some pretty good suggestions here guys. Guess ive got a lot of watching to do over the summer.

Mckay is amazing. I love how much his character changes from his original appearance in SG-1.

Im disapointed that they aren't going to do an Atlantis movie seeing as how there are still thing to wrap up.

Yeah the last episode of SGA felt so rushed. 

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Farscape, that is all

i loved farscape though it took at while to get into it. there is lexx which is 2 idiots that fly around in a massive bug shaped space ship and blow planets up and piss people off, its kinda funny. there is red dwarf which is a british comedy wish a sci fi element to it. doctor who of course! hyperdrive which is again british idiots on a space ship thats more of a comedy. firefly of course. falling skies is awesome though thats more action but it doesnt disappoint and the next season is a few weeks away

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Firefly

I'm watching through all the star trek series again, i can't wait to get onto DS9, between that and VOY they have some of my favourite episodes

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Two words "Dr. Who"

Fan Junkie

Doctor who literally the longest running scifi series nothing literally can beat it lol either original or new

I never could get into the original run of Doctor Who. Probably because i wasn't born when it aired and when you try to watch older shows without having watched them previously they never appeal in quite the same way.

I love the new series tho, and im eagerly anticipating finding out about Clara.

I never could get into the original run of Doctor Who. Probably because i wasn't born when it aired and when you try to watch older shows without having watched them previously they never appeal in quite the same way.

I love the new series tho, and im eagerly anticipating finding out about Clara.

ya i havent finished the original, but im disappointed with the latest season,

come join the conversation,  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12924-calling-all-doctor-who-fans/?hl=%2Bcalling+%2Ball+%2Bdoctor+%2Bwho

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

• 2 months later...

The first season of Orphan Black was quite good, even though some parts were a little bit too familiar:

And Real Humans looks pretty promising (I have only watched the first to episodes yet):

to know the face of Dodge is to know madness

Take a look at what I’ve been watching…

Fringe

DeepSpace 9 is amazing. it starts out slow so you have to bear with it but when it picks up...holy shiz.

Firefly, Serenity, Stargate

CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 w/2X NF-A14 FLX MoBo: Asus M5A99FX Pro Rev 2.0 Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper@1720 GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD7970@1100/1500 Storage: Samsung 840 120GB(OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 64MB PSU: Sparkle 850W Gold Case: Corsair C70 Military green w/ Solid window Keyboard: Ducky Shines 3 (MX Blues), Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Mouse: Corsair M90,M65 w/ Vengeance MM600

Can't fault you there, He's been saving the universe from evil  on our Telly, books, comics and audio drama's for nearly 50 years.

People should try Quantum Leap, Alien Nation, but Doctor Who is the Grand daddy of them all.

Cry Havoc!