Ethernet disconnects when changing from 100mbps to 1gbps. Windows 10

iRoyal

My internet is 200mbps and whenever I change the Speed&Duplex setting from 100Mbps to 1Gbps, it disconnects and nothing happens until I change it back to 100Mbps. I checked if the cable itself was slow but it works fine with other devices.

Router make model?

Specs of the motherboard?

Just making sure, other devices on the same cable get gigabit correct?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

This could be caused by a number of factors.

Whatever's on the other end of your network cable might not support Gigabit Ethernet. Many home routers from several years ago only have 10/100 on their LAN side.

If you're using an old Cat5 cable, it might not be good enough for Gigabit.

If you're connecting through your wall, the port might only be punched down with two pairs of wires, which would limit you to 100 meg Fast Ethernet. (This was common back in the 2000s, when consumer devices were only 100 meg anyway. That way the contractors could give each room networking and two phone lines with just one Cat run.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

This could be caused by a number of factors.

Whatever's on the other end of your network cable might not support Gigabit Ethernet. Many home routers from several years ago only have 10/100 on their LAN side.

If you're using an old Cat5 cable, it might not be good enough for Gigabit.

If you're connecting through your wall, the port might only be punched down with two pairs of wires, which would limit you to 100 meg Fast Ethernet. (This was common back in the 2000s, when consumer devices were only 100 meg anyway. That way the contractors could give each room networking and two phone lines with just one Cat run.)

There is an other device connected to the router and its speed is 1gbps, I tried plugging my cable to it and it works fine with 1gbps.

it could be something to do with your lan port or chip on the mobo, are you running the latest lan drivers provided by your manufacturer?

5 hours ago, xdagamer said:

it could be something to do with your lan port or chip on the mobo, are you running the latest lan drivers provided by your manufacturer?

Yes I am, and I have uninstalled and reinstall them all and still no luck.