Blue Yeti X keeps disconnecting

tyceone

Recently, my Yeti X started disconnecting whenever I played back a project file in DaVinci Resolve. It does not reconnect again until I manually pull out the USB cable and plug it back in. So far, I have not managed to reproduce the error with any other app, but the Yeti is not found in the standard system settings or the Logitech app either, which makes me think that this might not be an issue with DaVinci resolve.

I updated Windows 10 to the latest version, tried other cables and USB ports, and I even updated my BIOS, since I found that suggestion in an old post. I was going to revive the post, but the forum UI told me that I should make a new post instead. I linked the post below anyway. I couldn't find any other suggestions on other posts on other forums regarding the issue (except for the "new cable" / "other USB port" suggestions).

Can anyone help me with this? It is super annoying. I am trying to edit a video and it cuts out all the time and plays the audio on the speakers super loudly, because it cannot find the headset that is connected to the Yeti anymore.

Thank you in advance to anyone who might know what's going on!

Link to the old post:

By any chance you are on AM4 platform?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

By any chance you are on AM4 platform?

Yes, I am running a Ryzen 7 5700G with a MAG B550 Tomahawk (+ RTX 3060 TI, but I think that's irrelevant for this)

26 minutes ago, tyceone said:

Yes, I am running a Ryzen 7 5700G with a MAG B550 Tomahawk (+ RTX 3060 TI, but I think that's irrelevant for this)

Do you know what BIOS version you are on? There was one AGESA update that significantly reduced USB dropouts on AM4 (but I still get it). There are also two voltages that has an influence on this problem, VSOC and VDDP (IIRC, I have to double check).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

Do you know what BIOS version you are on? There was one AGESA update that significantly reduced USB dropouts on AM4 (but I still get it). There are also two voltages that has an influence on this problem, VSOC and VDDP (IIRC, I have to double check).

I updated to the latest BIOS (7C91vAC) from March 9th, but that didn't fix the issue. It's also weird that this randomly started a few days ago. I never had an issue with this before and I did not make any hardware changes or OS updates before the error started coming up. 

6 minutes ago, tyceone said:

I updated to the latest BIOS (7C91vAC) from March 9th, but that didn't fix the issue. It's also weird that this randomly started a few days ago. I never had an issue with this before and I did not make any hardware changes or OS updates before the error started coming up. 

Does this only happen under load? If so, what PSU do you have? my previous VS450 has had issues under load with 5v rail due its design.

29 minutes ago, Levent said:

Does this only happen under load? If so, what PSU do you have? my previous VS450 has had issues under load with 5v rail due its design.

It's weird because it only happens in DaVinci Resolve. While this does require a bunch of resources, it's less than many games and I don't have the issue when gaming or using other high-load apps or when running way too many Chrome instances + tabs, which creates the biggest CPU loads.

I have an RM850x so this should also not be the issue. But good to know that this could be a problem. Thanks for trying to help btw, I think I forgot to write that earlier. 😄