Not getting the same performance out of my pc after power outage.

Go to solution Solved by Whatisthis,

That’s interesting your GPU utilization actually drops to less than 50% in game while clock speed and voltage increase. Power consumption is also down compared to the title screen by quite a bit.

Id reinstall windows. This is going to be hell to track down.

14 hours ago, skrrrt1 said:

i installed the geforce experience and i used the overclock feature in the interface from nvidia still no change.desktop.thumb.jpg.0f318a7a1ed75fc28a70033765dba647.jpg

res2.jpg

res4.jpg

I was expecting the GPU to be the issue, but from this, it's the CPU. Have you checked the CPU temp? Could you also screenshot Task Manager's Performance tab with the CPU selected? If you can do it while in a game so we can see the clock speeds, that would be great. 

2 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

I was expecting the GPU to be the issue, but from this, it's the CPU. Have you checked the CPU temp? Could you also screenshot Task Manager's Performance tab with the CPU selected? If you can do it while in a game so we can see the clock speeds, that would be great. 

My cpu is OC to 4.9 and the temps don't go over 80 at max load.Did you actually read the original post ? the problem is in both cpu and gpu they are not working properly either of them .Cpu worked at 110 w and max 85 % in re4 remake now it's like dying at 100% utilization and only goes to like 80w power while gpu sits at 220 w and bellow 40% in game but in main menu they work like they should work in the game but as soon as i enter the game usage and power drops .

sssss.jpg

13 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

why not?

(thats besides how would you even know how much it draws?)

I'll be frank, these topics where someone asks for help and then dismisses every suggestion (eh, maybe you would install windows, maybe) are extremely baffling... what do you want us to say lol...

Run at least a benchmark like 3DMark Firestrike already that we have at least something to work with. 

because i know the usage of cpu and gpu are improper .cpu works at more then it did before the outage and also limited to 75w in game and gpu at 220 while usually my cpu ran at 100 to 110 and gpu 300+ w . 3 times less performance then 3 minutes before while i was playing and my pc turned off . I turned it back on and i had 3 times less fps in 2 games i play daily and they run flawlessly .Doin a benchmark won't solve or bring me closer to a solution . also im not a pc noob .. i literally pulled out the gpu out the pc already,reset bios,reinstalled gpu drivers w ddu,done the system repair and dism no change . So i will reinstall windows and that will probably fix it i hope.

It could also be a problem with your PSU, but the chances of the machine just not booting at all then is really high.  There is frequently a very short spike before a blackout.  Do you have a working surge protector on your machine?  (Surge protectors age out and “go extension cord” the thing can still work as an extension cord but not protect from surges anymore) 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

20 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

It could also be a problem with your PSU, but the chances of the machine just not booting at all then is really high.  There is frequently a very short spike before a blackout.  Do you have a working surge protector on your machine?  (Surge protectors age out and “go extension cord” the thing can still work as an extension cord but not protect from surges anymore) 

Reinstalling the windows fixed it 

On 5/20/2023 at 9:54 PM, Whatisthis said:

That’s interesting your GPU utilization actually drops to less than 50% in game while clock speed and voltage increase. Power consumption is also down compared to the title screen by quite a bit.

Id reinstall windows. This is going to be hell to track down.

Ye reinstalling windows fixed it and this is my performance now at max preset 2k. same settings like before and even more demanding scene ingame.

RES4RE MAIN.jpg

RES4RE2K MAX.jpg

24 minutes ago, skrrrt1 said:

Ye reinstalling windows fixed it and this is my performance now at max preset 2k. same settings like before and even more demanding scene ingame.

RES4RE MAIN.jpg

RES4RE2K MAX.jpg

I’m glad it fixed the issue! Happy gaming my friend!