Computer randomly shuts down/restarts without warning

Flux Azreal
Go to solution Solved by Tech Reprise,
10 hours ago, Flux Azreal said:

A few months ago my pc has been doing this weird thing where it would randomly restart or just shut down without warning, I've had this pc for 5 years and only started doing it like 5-6 months ago. I've even tried factory resetitng and re-installing all drivers to no avail my specs are:

GPU: 1050

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

RAM: 16GB (4x4)

PSU: Some EVGA 650 watt psu

MB: Asrock AB350 Pro 4

Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (265TB Written), 2 old Western Digital hard drives

And a Fenvi wifi6e BT 5.2 NIC

I don't think anything is overheating since my thermals are fine, currently CPU is at 45c and GPU is 52c, but I never had any temps mesured when it happens since it happens randomly.

This is the only proof I have of it happening

image.thumb.png.6eacae65797203f758c48737333ff403.png

It happened a lot of other times, but I've factory resetted so it only shows from 2023, and it happens randomly it could happen when I'm playing a game like League of Legends or when I only have youtube up and i step away for a few minutes and just find my pc turned off, and I would see in the event viewer this was the cause. My speculation is that the PSU is dying, i'm not using an extender and it's plugged in directly into the wall. Is there any way I can get more info on what it could be? I don't have a lot of money so I can't purchase parts and wait a few days to see if it happens, but if I can get an estimation on which part it could be it would help a lot, I don't know what kind of tests to run

I would first disconnect/unplug the case restart switch as that can short out as its the least used part and cause a restart out of the blue, happened to me on a Lian Li case. Secondly I would suggest to reseat the memory sticks after wiping their gold contacts and lastly try with another PSU if the above options don't help.

A few months ago my pc has been doing this weird thing where it would randomly restart or just shut down without warning, I've had this pc for 5 years and only started doing it like 5-6 months ago. I've even tried factory resetitng and re-installing all drivers to no avail my specs are:

Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (265TB Written), 2 old Western Digital hard drives

I don't think anything is overheating since my thermals are fine, currently CPU is at 45c and GPU is 52c, but I never had any temps mesured when it happens since it happens randomly.

It happened a lot of other times, but I've factory resetted so it only shows from 2023, and it happens randomly it could happen when I'm playing a game like League of Legends or when I only have youtube up and i step away for a few minutes and just find my pc turned off, and I would see in the event viewer this was the cause. My speculation is that the PSU is dying, i'm not using an extender and it's plugged in directly into the wall. Is there any way I can get more info on what it could be? I don't have a lot of money so I can't purchase parts and wait a few days to see if it happens, but if I can get an estimation on which part it could be it would help a lot, I don't know what kind of tests to run

10 hours ago, Flux Azreal said:

I would first disconnect/unplug the case restart switch as that can short out as its the least used part and cause a restart out of the blue, happened to me on a Lian Li case. Secondly I would suggest to reseat the memory sticks after wiping their gold contacts and lastly try with another PSU if the above options don't help.

Edited by Techreprise
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz

28 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

Brother you and I have the same issue. Mine has gotten to the point that I can't even run a simple 2d game or even edge. Started out crashing on heavy games but now everything just does it. Check out my post maybe you and I share a common ground. Exactly the same issue. Also thought the psu. 

What gpu are you using? My asus has less that shows it does nor get enough power but I doubt 2 psus have the same issue

3 hours ago, Techreprise said:

I would first disconnect/unplug the case restart switch as that can short out as its the least used part and cause a restart out of the blue, happened to me on a Lian Li case. Secondly I would suggest to reseat the memory sticks after wipe their gold contacts and lastly try with another PSU if the above options don't help.

Thank you so much for this!