Corsair ICUE H100i Elite 240mm AIO horrible sound

Hi, I hope this is the correct topic. This is the sound my pump makes when I turn my pc on. It doesn’t do it every time sometimes it’s quieter. It’s really worrying me though as people are saying the pump is broke. I’ve ran cinebench and my temps are 60C and no higher. I’ve played games and it runs very stable. That noise goes after 2 seconds and then my AIO is pretty much silent. Is there a way to fix this or if not is my pc safe?

Is the aio block lower than the radiator highest point so that air is not trapped.

Have not looked at the file you linked as it tries to download to my PC and that s a huge no from me.

probably just a little air bubble is my guess if the sounds if fine after a second or 2.

you also do not mention how old the aio is so you might have lost a little fluid due to permeation. If it is over two years old close to 3 years I would consider possible replacement. If you are comfortable with DIY then just dismantle clean check the rubber seals reasemble and fill with a premix. 1 liter is enough.

19 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

Is the aio block lower than the radiator highest point so that air is not trapped.

in the vid the aio is mounted correctly at the top

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

2 hours ago, johnno23 said:

Have not looked at the file you linked as it tries to download to my PC and that s a huge no from me.

probably just a little air bubble is my guess if the sounds if fine after a second or 2.

you also do not mention how old the aio is so you might have lost a little fluid due to permeation. If it is over two years old close to 3 years I would consider possible replacement. If you are comfortable with DIY then just dismantle clean check the rubber seals reasemble and fill with a premix. 1 liter is enough.

I got it 2 days ago. And it’s installed onto the top of my pc. There’s the odd occasion where the sound is a lot less violent than that. If it’s working fine should I just leave it as it might need to settle due to shipping? This morning I titled my case back n forth and that’s when the sound calmed down but when I tried it again went back to that awful one. 

If I understand correct you have the radiator installed at the top of the case so the block and pump unit for the CPU should not trap any air.

As it is new then no concern over possible permeation. However all AIO's will have a small amount of Air as a safety for expansion as the system heats up.

I would just pay attention for a couple more days as it could well settle down and be totally fine for 3 years or so.

The sound you hear can sound awfully abrasive and often simply an air bubble pushing the pump a little off balance so it can create a number of sounds. A fast hard knocking that suddenly stops and often a moment of 1 - 2 seconds where it sounds like its grinding as if the whole interior is scraping the sides. 

Anyways.....it should settle down and if after a few more days it is the same then I suggest an RMA as possibly it is a fault with assembly or possible residue caught in the pump from the radiator. They are flushed with a decent pressure to clean them out before they go onto the assembly stage but mishaps can occur.

Yeah the sounds is like a horrible grinding, doesn’t do it on every boot up which is weird and the fact it’s working really well just confused me. I’ll let it go for another few days and if it carries on I’ll contact customer support as I don’t want it dying within months. Is there anything I can do to help move the air bubble or is tilting the PC pretty much all I can do? I’ve even flicked the tubes to try move it lo