Is it my CPU or Apex Legends?

Go to solution Solved by Agall,
31 minutes ago, joeyazt said:

Hello! I've recently got a gpu upgrade from an RX 570 to an RX 6750 XT (Reference Version) as a gift. I play quite a few AAA titles here and there all I can say is that I can crank everything to max except for ray tracing of course. The problem is that whenever I play Apex Legends or Valorant, for some reason I would significantly notice stutters while I am in the actual game. However, when I try to play those games in their respective firing range the hitches seems to go away ever so slightly, it's still there but it's no longer that noticeable.

I did a little bit research about my card in Youtube and found some benchmarks about my card and saw that they have a consistent 300fps in 1080p while I have about 165-250 here and there. My settings are in 1080p all low, both Anti-Aliasing as well as V-sync are off. Before installing the gpu, I also used DDU as a pre-cautionary measure as I've seen that previous driver settings might interfere with the newly installed card. I wanted to know/learn if the cpu is the one whose responsible for the stutters. I also wanted to know if there is anything I can do besides upgrading my cpu. Thank you for taking your time reading my lengthy paragraph and I hope to hear what you might suggest.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700
Antec C400 Elite
RX 6750 XT
G.SKILLS Aegis DDR4 3000 CL 16
250GB WD Blue SN500 NVME (Main)
1TB Team Group CX2 (Game)
4TB WD Blue 5400 RPM (Media)

Super Flower Leadex III 750W

Apex Legends is notoriously CPU intensive. I remember it being a tipping point for me when I upgraded from my 4790k to a 3950x. The game would 100% my CPU and cause stuttering, mind you with a GTX 1080 at the time (this was pre RTX 3000 series).

Depending on your motherboard, you might be able to do a drop in 5800x3D and get good value out of that. It'll be a night and day difference in that game.

Hello! I've recently got a gpu upgrade from an RX 570 to an RX 6750 XT (Reference Version) as a gift. I play quite a few AAA titles here and there all I can say is that I can crank everything to max except for ray tracing of course. The problem is that whenever I play Apex Legends or Valorant, for some reason I would significantly notice stutters while I am in the actual game. However, when I try to play those games in their respective firing range the hitches seems to go away ever so slightly, it's still there but it's no longer that noticeable.

I did a little bit research about my card in Youtube and found some benchmarks about my card and saw that they have a consistent 300fps in 1080p while I have about 165-250 here and there. My settings are in 1080p all low, both Anti-Aliasing as well as V-sync are off. Before installing the gpu, I also used DDU as a pre-cautionary measure as I've seen that previous driver settings might interfere with the newly installed card. I wanted to know/learn if the cpu is the one whose responsible for the stutters. I also wanted to know if there is anything I can do besides upgrading my cpu. Thank you for taking your time reading my lengthy paragraph and I hope to hear what you might suggest.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700
Antec C400 Elite
RX 6750 XT

8 minutes ago, joeyazt said:

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700
Antec C400 Elite
RX 6750 XT

Your CPU is a big bottleneck here. You could for example upgrade to a Ryzen 5 5600 or better (5000 series) CPU and see a lot of extra fps.

I upgraded a friend of mine who plays Valorant and he also had a 2700x, upgraded to Ryzen 5 5600 and improved a lot.

15 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Your CPU is a big bottleneck here. You could for example upgrade to a Ryzen 5 5600 or better (5000 series) CPU and see a lot of extra fps.

I upgraded a friend of mine who plays Valorant and he also had a 2700x, upgraded to Ryzen 5 5600 and improved a lot.

I second this.

25 minutes ago, joeyazt said:

I also wanted to know if there is anything I can do besides upgrading my cpu. Thank you for taking your time reading my lengthy paragraph and I hope to hear what you might suggest.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700
Antec C400 Elite
RX 6750 XT

CPU and faster RAM.

31 minutes ago, joeyazt said:

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700
Antec C400 Elite
RX 6750 XT

Apex Legends is notoriously CPU intensive. I remember it being a tipping point for me when I upgraded from my 4790k to a 3950x. The game would 100% my CPU and cause stuttering, mind you with a GTX 1080 at the time (this was pre RTX 3000 series).

Depending on your motherboard, you might be able to do a drop in 5800x3D and get good value out of that. It'll be a night and day difference in that game.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Thank you guys so much for your fast responds. I'll keep all of these suggestions in mind when I get a chance to shop for a new CPU.