Freeze mod

Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,
1 hour ago, JayCreate said:

Thank you,but im still confused on the performance comparison between different products. Id like to evaluate if the low price equates to good value

No idea.  Generally what matters most is what material it is made out of.  There is copper and aluminum.  The next ones are what the radiation surface is and how thoroughly the pipes connect to the fins.  Generally if those two are high, the last variable, how much a radiator impinges it’s fans will also be high.  This is why 140mm radiators don’t perform much better than 120mm radiators 140mm fans have more cfm but less static pressure, and since it takes static pressure to defeat impingement, 140mm rads are generally thinner for less impingement.

Are freeze mod radiators any good when compared to other radiators? I couldn't find any benchmarks for them.

*hasn’t even heard of freeze mod radiators and goes off to find out what they are*

apparently it’s a watercooling brand.  I thought it was a type of radiator.  There was a redit post that said they were OK.

weird name.  Implies some sort of phase change thing but it’s just standard watercooling.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thank you,but im still confused on the performance comparison between different products. Id like to evaluate if the low price equates to good value

The custom watercooling market is pretty much in that same divide, low price parts that performs fine enough to justify it being not an AIO part, and the top end parts that is upward in quality, your EKs and Corsairs and all that. Honestly for the most part AIOs are a much better idea on the low end if high end tower coolers didnt cut the mustard.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

No idea.  Generally what matters most is what material it is made out of.  There is copper and aluminum.  The next ones are what the radiation surface is and how thoroughly the pipes connect to the fins.  Generally if those two are high, the last variable, how much a radiator impinges it’s fans will also be high.  This is why 140mm radiators don’t perform much better than 120mm radiators 140mm fans have more cfm but less static pressure, and since it takes static pressure to defeat impingement, 140mm rads are generally thinner for less impingement.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

8 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

The custom watercooling market is pretty much in that same divide, low price parts that performs fine enough to justify it being not an AIO part, and the top end parts that is upward in quality, your EKs and Corsairs and all that. Honestly for the most part AIOs are a much better idea on the low end if high end tower coolers didnt cut the mustard.

I've been planning for custom water cooling more for the aesthetic, to look somewhat like a workstation you'd find in a 3D production studio. I like the idea of being able to maintain it as well, since I clean and regulate my PC every 3 weeks. Quite frankly however, your comment seemed quite unintuitive because it doesn't really answer my question 

1 minute ago, JayCreate said:

Quite frankly however, your comment seemed quite unintuitive because it doesn't really answer my question 

Yeah my point is that there's a gap between the market and most of the time they perform differently between these 2 classes depending on the parts youre looking at. But for radiators, besides build quality the tech is pretty much stagnated. Just dont mix things up, check out tables of galvanic corrosion to see if materials would conflict between one another.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

Yeah my point is that there's a gap between the market and most of the time they perform differently between these 2 classes depending on the parts youre looking at. But for radiators, besides build quality the tech is pretty much stagnated. Just dont mix things up, check out tables of galvanic corrosion to see if materials would conflict between one another.

Thank you. So in short, as long as there are no compatibility issues and the company's build quality is up to standard, I should be fine, right?

1 minute ago, JayCreate said:

and the company's build quality is up to standard, I should be fine, right?

Yeah thats where you come in to research them one by one. But generally most of these cheap radiator can be a gamble and a half except for maybe Bykski, but theyve been in the game for a while now.

3 minutes ago, JayCreate said:

Thank you. So in short, as long as there are no compatibility issues and the company's build quality is up to standard, I should be fine, right?

Yep.  As long as it will also cool your machine adequately

freezemod 30mm rad is similar to bykski ones, i have 1 in my loop for more than a year now no issue

like all rads, make sure u flush em before use

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini