Printer suggestions for experienced hobbyist.

Daftlander

I am beginning to lose patience with my Ender 3. Every 4-5 prints something goes wrong. I'm going to throw it from a tall building.  Plus I'm reaching the upper limit of what it is actually capable of. 

Any suggestions for someone who's been printing as a hobbyist for over 5 years. In the £1-1.5k range? 

I don't need much if any more volume, but better speed and reliability would be great. 

Everyone seems to think the bambu labs one is amazing. Is that just hype? 

4 minutes ago, HomicidalPingu said:

What are you printing? Is it structural or more model/cosmetic stuff?

Bit of both, but mostly structural stuff. 

19 minutes ago, Daftlander said:

I am beginning to lose patience with my Ender 3. Every 4-5 prints something goes wrong. I'm going to throw it from a tall building.  Plus I'm reaching the upper limit of what it is actually capable of. 

Any suggestions for someone who's been printing as a hobbyist for over 5 years. In the £1-1.5k range? 

I don't need much if any more volume, but better speed and reliability would be great. 

Everyone seems to think the bambu labs one is amazing. Is that just hype? 

Imo Bambu labs has not been around for long enough to know its true "long-term" potential. Especially given its relatively closed ecosystem and proprietary parts, its a bit hazy outlook. Furthermore, if you look at issues with the AMS system, you can see there are teething problems that need addressing by the company.

Obviously you are in the prusa territory, I personally really enjoyed using the Mk3S+(ish) and can recommend it. If input shaping ever releases on the Mk4, that would also make it faster generally too,

Just now, HomicidalPingu said:

Just because if you’re not doing a ton of structural stuff then you can go resin which is generally better for people under about 3K in budget. 

what’s the upper limit you’re reaching? Is it in terms of build ability or material selection? 

I've already got an Elegoo Mars for really detailed stuff. I'm thinking of swapping that out soon as well. Because I do need more volume on that one.

Limits wise, speed, dimensional precision. It is mainly just the frustration factor though.