Having a issue with my USB hub not working on my laptop

Legit445

My USB ports which are both 3.0 and these ports are working just fine when I just plug my mouse or headset into them. But when I plug the USB hub into it continuously disconnects and reconnects. Please help with any suggestions. I have tried to go ahead and turn off the allow device to turn off USB to save power on all available options I have. There is no USB settings in my advanced settings for edit power plan I'm not sure why that is. I'm sure I just need a driver reinstall or something, but I'm not sure how to go about that safely.

My laptop is ROG Zephyrus G15

The USB hub is a J5create 7 port hub purchased from bestbuy https://www.bestbuy.com/site/j5create-usb-3-0-7-port-hub-black/4561575.p?skuId=4561575

Thanks,

1 minute ago, Legit445 said:

My USB ports which are both 3.0 and these ports are working just fine when I just plug my mouse or headset into them. But when I plug the USB hub into it continuously disconnects and reconnects. Please help with any suggestions. I have tried to go ahead and turn off the allow device to turn off USB to save power on all available options I have. There is no USB settings in my advanced settings for edit power plan I'm not sure why that is. I'm sure I just need a driver reinstall or something, but I'm not sure how to go about that safely.

My laptop is ROG Zephyrus G15

The USB hub is a J5create 7 port hub purchased from bestbuy https://www.bestbuy.com/site/j5create-usb-3-0-7-port-hub-black/4561575.p?skuId=4561575

Thanks,

When mine was doing similar things I installed new drivers. All it is is going into device manager finding the usb hub name and going on properties > Driver > Uninstall driver and restart windows will just install a new driver for it. Tell me how it goes!

How do I know which is the hub driver or just uninstall all of them?

5 hours ago, FireLegend said:

When mine was doing similar things I installed new drivers. All it is is going into device manager finding the usb hub name and going on properties > Driver > Uninstall driver and restart windows will just install a new driver for it. Tell me how it goes!

I got it figured out I literally just had to have it plugged in as my computer booted I guess to allow to install the drivers I feel so dumb, but I got working now. Thanks for your help though!

6 hours ago, Legit445 said:

I got it figured out I literally just had to have it plugged in as my computer booted I guess to allow to install the drivers I feel so dumb, but I got working now. Thanks for your help though!

Ahh all good! Glad all works.