Constant BSODs during boot

Okistank

Hi there, I'm having a lot of trouble with my PC having BSODs, with all of the errors coming from the Windows System 32 section. Me - not knowing much about PCs - am convinced this means my hard drive is corrupted.

It started happening suddenly at the start of the month (May 2023) and would happen due to what I believed were 'Microsoft GameInput' changes as the timings synced up in the reliability monitor. Since then, it's now started to happen before I even boot up into Windows 11. I have only managed to log back onto my PC once since then (this afternoon, lasted about three hours before I turned my PC off upon which it did a Windows update and the blue screen returned).

To try and fix this, I have: Updated my BIOS, ran SFC and DISM scans, and done a driver uninstall for my GPU but now I'm backed into a corner as I can't even boot into Safe Mode without my PC crashing. I have my original Windows 11 USB that I used to install it onto the system six months ago when I built it myself (late October 2022) and am trying to see if I can reinstall or repair my PC using that by changing the boot sequence. 

Since doing that, I've looked at the Advanced Troubleshoot options and there is no 'Reset This PC' option nor is there any way for me to change the System Settings or Startup Settings. My PC bluescreens when I try to Startup Repair, System Restore to a point before the Windows update this afternoon and I have tried doing the Chkdsk in Command Prompt to no avail.

My specs are as follows: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti OC

RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3200

Motherboard: Gigabyte b550 Vision D-P (F16b BIOS)

SSD: Kingston KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD

Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new SSD if this one is so corrupted (if that is even the problem)? I'm really sorry I can't provide any dump files since I literally can't get only my home screen! I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!

EDIT: I thought I'd add just some of the errors that have appeared on my bluescreens as there have been multiple different ones that are as follows:

bfadi.sys - 0xc0000098
ntoskrnl.exe - 0xc0000221
iaStorAVC.sys - 0xc0000221
elxfcoe.sys - 0xc0000221
fltmgr.sys
fbwf.sys
ReFS.sys - 0xc0000098
PFN LIST CORRUPT
ACPI.sys - 0xc0000221
bfadfcoei.sys
tcpip.sys
ucx01000.sys
winload.efi

Edited by Okistank

It's most likely going to RAM or storage. You can try running the machine with one stick at a time and seeing if it still crashes, but it's possible that the crashing has broken the OS so it won't be conclusive if it still crashes. If you crash with both sticks when used alone, and if you can, I would reinstall the OS with one stick at a time. If both sticks cause a crash during the install when used alone, I would suspect the storage.

To be clear, wiping the drive and reinstalling. 

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. My RAM sticks are actually brand new (literally arrived this morning) because I originally thought they were the issue.

The first boot with them in worked fine but since then, it's been back to the blue screen issue. 

How would I wipe the drive completely?

Thanks once again!

12 minutes ago, Bjoolz said:

It's most likely going to RAM or storage. You can try running the machine with one stick at a time and seeing if it still crashes, but it's possible that the crashing has broken the OS so it won't be conclusive if it still crashes. If you crash with both sticks when used alone, and if you can, I would reinstall the OS with one stick at a time. If both sticks cause a crash during the install when used alone, I would suspect the storage.

To be clear, wiping the drive and reinstalling. 

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. My RAM sticks are actually brand new (literally arrived this morning) because I originally thought they were the issue.

The first boot with them in worked fine but since then, it's been back to the blue screen issue. 

Thanks once again!

16 minutes ago, Okistank said:

Thanks once again!

Go into a fresh install. At the screen where you can select which drive to install to. You can delete that partition, then Create a new one with the empty disk. Install it there. 

After the system has been installed, run smart disk check on the drive. Then run at least 48 hours of mem test to make sure ram is good.

There are times where the ram is actually good, just running at a bad settings 

1 hour ago, ThousandBlade said:

Go into a fresh install. At the screen where you can select which drive to install to. You can delete that partition, then Create a new one with the empty disk. Install it there. 

After the system has been installed, run smart disk check on the drive. Then run at least 48 hours of mem test to make sure ram is good.

There are times where the ram is actually good, just running at a bad settings 

Hi.

I tried to delete the partitions but my PC continues to bluescreen when it tries to copy the window files upon install. Any ideas? Is it time to just pack it in and buy a new SSD?

1 hour ago, Okistank said:

Hi.

I tried to delete the partitions but my PC continues to bluescreen when it tries to copy the window files upon install. Any ideas? Is it time to just pack it in and buy a new SSD?

Problem is, at this point, there's no way to be sure if the drive was the source the corruption. Is there a different PC u can plug the drive to and get some diagnostic on it?

If we don't make sure what's going on at this point, we're just throwing blind guess at the problem hoping something works.

Usually corrupt drive will give problems not bluescreen during the copying files part, It should happen when that's done and the computer reboot from drive and resumes installation from there. 

I think we should take a few steps back at this point. It's your CPU or memory overclocked? If so, use stock settings. reduce memory speed to 2166 for a bit. 

Look into windowsPE diagnosis tools.

You'll end up finding images that people made, that can boot into a usb and run a selection of diagnosis tools from it. Grab a usb drive and make one of those. Boot to that, see if that blue screen, then run diagnosis from that.

On both memory and SSD.

Need to figure out what the actual FK is going on.