RAM Waterblock Compatibility

Jacob_S

I am looking to use Thermaltake Pacific A2 Ultra(https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/pacific-a2-ultra-memory-water-block.html) for an over the top Custom Loop. 

I am looking to use Corsair Vengeance RGB 64 GB (4 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL40 Memory. Would this be compatible? If yes, would I have to remove the RGB top part of can I put it in as is?

4 minutes ago, Jacob_S said:

I am looking to use Thermaltake Pacific A2 Ultra(https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/pacific-a2-ultra-memory-water-block.html) for an over the top Custom Loop. 

I am looking to use Corsair Vengeance RGB 64 GB (4 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL40 Memory. Would this be compatible? If yes, would I have to remove the RGB top part of can I put it in as is?

Are you saying to liquid cool RAM? Don't do this, waste of your time and money. Hell even ram with heat spreaders don't get hot never mind water cooling! Also get some lower cl latency ram (like cl36)

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Just now, filpo said:

Are you saying to liquid cool RAM? Don't do this, waste of your time and money. Hell even ram with heat spreaders don't get hot never mind water cooling! Also get some lower cl latency ram (like cl36)

The Point is to be overboard, it is for a future 15K Build with 30 fans in the 1000D. I am just checking on compatibility 

3 minutes ago, Jacob_S said:

The Point is to be overboard, it is for a future 15K Build with 30 fans in the 1000D. I am just checking on compatibility 

you should look into m.2 watercooled too then?  as there exist waterblocks for it... 

generaly.. all ram chips are about same size, when they are disassembled from "cooling" and rgb.  buy something NOT rgb as it's a waste. 

3 minutes ago, Jacob_S said:

still no point on doing it tho. If its not a waste of your money its a waste of your time. Its like that ssd waterblock corsair released a bit back. Released as a gimmick and treated like one 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Just...don't.  There's no benefit at all and even if you're trying to look super 1337 hardcore baller...guys like me who give a shit already know that you're just tryharding if you're watercooling ram.  And I'm looking at "I want to watercool DDR5-6000" like...bro...buy a higher end kit first.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

15 minutes ago, Jacob_S said:

Avoid RGB RAM, it'll have stuff soldered on to make the RGB work. Get the best speed/timings kit you can find with the simplest possible heat spreaders so they'll be easier to remove. You have to strip the RAM down to the bare DIMM, then apply the included heat spreaders, which then hook/screw/stick via thermal pad/paste or otherwise attach to the RAM block. 

9 minutes ago, Jacob_S said:

How far in the future? If it's something you actually intend to build, then don't get set on any PC components until you actually have the money, there will be faster hardware out by then. If it's just a meme build then no prob, just don't post it here as we don't appreciate those. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

The reason to water cool your RAM is if you are overclocking it to the moon and back. I'm talking DDR5 8400+ CL34 1.6V VDDQ and a tREFI of 262143. If you're not doing something like that, this is a bad idea. For any other settings, a fan in the general direction is plenty, either that or custom heat spreaders. In this situation right here, it's inconvenience for the sake of inconvenience, and it doesn't even look that good. 

With 4 dual rank DIMMs, you're not going to be doing RAM overclocking, heck you're probably not even going to get it to DDR5 6000. This is beyond pointless. 

1 minute ago, filpo said:

still no point on doing it tho. If its not a waste of your money its a waste of your time. Its like that ssd waterblock corsair released a bit back. Released as a gimmick and treated like one 

2 minutes ago, Robchil said:

you should look into m.2 watercooled too then?  as there exist waterblocks for it... 

Got that covered, the point is to have tons of tubes, so as long as it doesnt bring down performance, I am good with it:

Main PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/redsox328/saved/#view=TWwmLk

ITX Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/redsox328/saved/#view=ZzV2kL

29 minutes ago, Robchil said:

dual pump might be smart... 

It is, main build has XD5, itx has xd3

Build will look something like this: with black radiator uptop and on front

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 4.45.56 PM.png

1 hour ago, Jacob_S said:

I like the idea of having the the Corsair loop, with one in the front and one on the back of the case

what.. no.. hide it.. make everyone wonder where it is 😄 ..  they'll just see ton's of tube's 😄

Although its a waste of money, it looks baller.. lol

Its your money to waste in the end, but you should contact there customer support to your question. Have them email you with unit compatibility, a list of said unit compatibility or direct you at some designated website to where you can obtain this info. But make sure THEY give you written confirmation in case it doesn't work for you. You will have email correspondence to fall back on.