What should I do when I get the PS4?

Thalia

Hi, so i recently sold my xbox one and i’m now buying a PS4 slim that’s in my price range. I’m wondering what should i do first when i get. I know i have to setup an account and i do have one because i did have a PS3 long ago. But still is there anything i should do that’s mandatory?

4 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Hi, so i recently sold my xbox one and i’m now buying a PS4 slim that’s in my price range. I’m wondering what should i do first when i get. I know i have to setup an account and i do have one because i did have a PS3 long ago. But still is there anything i should do that’s mandatory?

Return it and save up for a PS5. As of next year it is EOL and won't get any new games IIRC

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

If anything just pop it open, give it a good cleaning, and apply some decent thermal paste. Other than that just play games on the thing.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I bought a ps4 in 2017 when the switch launched. Unfortunately compatibility with PS3 games was never added. Being as the ps5 can play the vast majority of PS4 games, I do agree with deadpool. Save up for a ps5. I'm currently waiting in hopes they produce a ps5 slim, if you haven't already noticed, the ps5 is big. if you want to play any titles from the ps3, you'll have to find wherever you stored it. As of right now, seventh gen emulation is still very poor.  

Here's something you can do. If you purchased any ps1 or ps2 games on ps3 or vita, any of those games that have been added to ps plus premium will be available to you free of charge, no subscription   required. Simply log in with your old ps3 credentials and claim the from the ps store. 

• 2 months later...

Get a PS plus subscription in the "extra" tier. A lot of games are available there, including AAA titles.