Entry Level DSLR Cameras

T3i hands down or the T2i as they are basically identical although some minor differences 

$$金Trill金$$

Go for a t3i. However the SL1 with a kit 18-55mm lens was $600 on amazon on sale right now and has similar insides to the T5i.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BW6LY2Y?pc_redir=1399657373&robot_redir=1

I own the SL1 and can recommend it. It's not the best camera by any means but for the price, it is a really solid choice though do note that it's on the smaller side of DSLR's which might be uncomfortable with larger hands. I have medium sized hands and it's manageable.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

I own the SL1 and can recommend it. It's not the best camera by any means but for the price, it is a really solid choice though do note that it's on the smaller side of DSLR's which might be uncomfortable with larger hands. I have medium sized hands and it's manageable.

I like the sl1 especially for the small size for a dslr. It havs nearly the same internals as the t5i. The main difference is the autofocus there is less crosstype. I would trade my t3i for one.

Yeah. This is all true. My hands are on the larger side, but it doesn't bother me very much.

Then it should work well. I would do SL1 or T3i depending on what's cheaper.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

I just got a D5200 and love it so far. I would probably advise you save a little more and try to snag one of those on a sale or something since they just got replaced with the D5300. Unless you need more than 30FPS at 1080p, built in wifi, or need the AA filter removed (only makes a slight difference with the super high end lenses) the d5200 is basically the same camera. The nice thing about the Nikons is that they get their Auto-focus system from the D7100, and use the same sensor as well. You're basically getting the image quality of the D7100, just with a few less manual controls and features for a lot less money.

With nikon, you can also get fairly old (1977 and newer) lenses on ebay or wherever for fairly cheap. You lose autofocus on the cameras without the built in AF motor (anything below the D7000 series), but you can still get good lenses for cheap to expand you collection.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC