Is it possible to modify a aio, and add a different radiator?

I own a 120 mm aio, nothing much, and I want to do something crazy, obviously, I know this is completely impractical, but I want to take off the 120mm radiator, and add a custom 1080mm radiator held by an external rack, because I don't want to go through the trouble of a custom loop, would this be possible and has it been done?

I'm willing to bet the increased pressure needed to use the larger rad would basically leave the pump reliability up in the air.

might work fine , might kill the bare minimum spec pump that was meant for a 120 rad. try it and see

I don't think this will work. The pump will not have enough pressure to pump through. Linus actually ran through this similar scenario a few years ago when he was updating his VR machine and used an AIO pump and didn't have enough pressure.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

thanks!, i might just have to go the full custom route but, whatever thanks guys.

So aio's are made with bare min spec pumps so the increased volume of water is probably going to be too much for it

Id just sell the aio to fund your custom loop

13 hours ago, rickastley gaming said:

I own a 120 mm aio

a THAT AIO, thats a good one, i have heard so much nice about THAT one 😛 

12 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Linus actually ran through this similar scenario a few years ago when he was updating his VR machine and used an AIO pump and didn't have enough pressure.

weeell. Linus did build it all into the case before trying to get the air out, getting the air out when its not mounted to anything is much much easier 😛