I was wondering if anybody had any idea on a crashing situation

Go to solution Solved by What The Tech CA,
24 minutes ago, SnowTheFoxFurry said:

I tried reseating my ram initially and seems to not changed anything. I will try running single stick on both of them and pray its just a bad stick of ram. And i have run Memtest86 when these issues originally came up off of a troubleshoot section on Kali linux live launcher. It did come back with several errors but i wasn't entirely sure what all i was looking at. 

Thank you for the links to everything, its a big help

No worries. Yeah if you hitting errors right of the bat during Memtest86, we gonna hope its RAM Module 🤞. Single Module testing and then swapping to different DIMM slot will also let you know if RAM module or DIMM Slot.

So the basis of the issue is that randomly my pc will crash where the screen will suddenly go black, my pc fans will shoot to 100% but everything will still be going the in back ground. I've looked online and everything says its a cooling issue but all my temps sit cool with my gpu and cpu. This crash happens both under load and when my pc sits idle. I did a full factory rest as a last ditch effort to see if it would be cleared up but it didnt do much. 

My pc only recently started doing this and never did these crashes in the years that ive had it.

(im running my clocking at the default settings)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x 

motherboard: MSI MS-7C91

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Memory: 2 sticks of G-Skill 8 gig

The new random crashes for an older usually stable machine:

If Software is possibly the culprit, Run RKILL from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/ and then ADWCleaner https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner to run a quick check to make sure unwanted malware is not your problem.

If Hardware is the culprit, 90% of the time usually points to RAM or worst case the DIMM Slots. Recommend re-seating the RAM in the unused DIMM slots check if the problem goes away or same DIMM slots after a little Air Compressor Clean up. Try running system with only one of the 8 Gig Memory Modules and then swapping the modules. Running Memtest86 from UBCD http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html if you are not comfortable with doing any physical tinkering will let you know if you got a RAM issue 95% of the time.

I tried reseating my ram initially and seems to not changed anything. I will try running single stick on both of them and pray its just a bad stick of ram. And i have run Memtest86 when these issues originally came up off of a troubleshoot section on Kali linux live launcher. It did come back with several errors but i wasn't entirely sure what all i was looking at. 

24 minutes ago, SnowTheFoxFurry said:

No worries. Yeah if you hitting errors right of the bat during Memtest86, we gonna hope its RAM Module 🤞. Single Module testing and then swapping to different DIMM slot will also let you know if RAM module or DIMM Slot.

Just now, What The Tech CA said:

Well, thank you for all the help. good news Its probably not my DIMM and it seems that one of my sticks has gone faulty. I just grabbed a live boot of kali and ran its native Memtest86. Im going to stress test my pc to see if i get the crash again.

well my issues seems to have been fixed. Thank you again, although i have no clue how the faulty stick caused a crash like that but hey, its gone.