My pc running well but everytime i restart i got debug code 46 with the orange RAM lighting up

Namhar
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
4 minutes ago, Namhar said:

I have tried this but still have the same problem, getting code 46 to a6 when restarting from windows

Try disabling Fastboot first, I've seen that cause some weird issues with rebooting from the OS, but if that doesn't do anything try changing BIOS revisions to see if that does anything. Most of the post-SOC explosion BIOSes have been pretty rushed out, so it's possible one of them just broke this. 

Hello everyone i'm new here and this would be my first post in this forum, i'm asking for help incase anyone knew or have the same problem and already got the solution.

So my pc specification is:
CPU: AMD 7950X3D

MOBO: MSI MPG X670E CARBON

RAM: G.SKILL F5-5600J3636C16GX2-FX5 | Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz (EXPO)

GPU: MSI 3080 Ti

PSU: Seasonic Prime PX 850w Platinum

My problem is literally just everytime I restart my pc it always got the debug code 46 into A6 with the orange ram LED turned on and I have to manually turn it off then turn on again then I can get to windows and my pc running well again. I did cinebench r23 with 30 minutes test nothing happen, play some game for 5 hour straight nothing happen, no crash, no juttering or anything. This is just happen when I restart the PC from windows. and I've done memtest86 and it pass with flying color and no error detected at all. This problem persist in default bios, expo profile, expo+pbo tuned up (with all core negative 20).

The RAM is new i just got it yesterday cause I RMA my ram before with the same spec cause I have the same problem, but that RAM got the big fat RED FAIL in the memtest86 passmark

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-07 at 06.02.34.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-06 at 15.44.14.jpg

Find and disable Memory Context Restore. It'll be in one of the AMD specific menus in the tools tab (either AMD Overclocking or AMD CBS, pretty sure it's CBS under something like memory features). Odds are the memory is forgetting how it trained and therefore it can't detect the RAM. Disabling Context Restore should force it to retain every time, and while that will mean it takes longer to reboot, it should at least work after every reboot

5 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Find and disable Memory Context Restore. It'll be in one of the AMD specific menus in the tools tab (either AMD Overclocking or AMD CBS, pretty sure it's CBS under something like memory features). Odds are the memory is forgetting how it trained and therefore it can't detect the RAM. Disabling Context Restore should force it to retain every time, and while that will mean it takes longer to reboot, it should at least work after every reboot

I have tried this but still have the same problem, getting code 46 to a6 when restarting from windows

4 minutes ago, Namhar said:

Try disabling Fastboot first, I've seen that cause some weird issues with rebooting from the OS, but if that doesn't do anything try changing BIOS revisions to see if that does anything. Most of the post-SOC explosion BIOSes have been pretty rushed out, so it's possible one of them just broke this. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

it actually work by changing BIOS revision back to the default one, I'm using the most bottom one from the list on my screenshot. Could it be that my RAM module are not supported by the motherboard? and the bios that I use the 7D70v12 has no writing about 7000X3D series support or not, and I have 7950XD would it be a problem if I just use this BIOS? cause I can't even use the 7D70v15 one that has a writing about support 7000X3D series has the same problem code 46 when restarting on windows.

Screenshot 2023-05-07 131407.png

5 minutes ago, Namhar said:

it actually work by changing BIOS revision back to the default one, I'm using the most bottom one from the list on my screenshot. Could it be that my RAM module are not supported by the motherboard? and the bios that I use the 7D70v12 has no writing about 7000X3D series support or not, and I have 7950XD would it be a problem if I just use this BIOS? cause I can't even use the 7D70v15 one that has a writing about support 7000X3D series has the same problem code 46 when restarting on windows.

OK, so this just confirms that it's a BIOS issue. You still should head back to one of the newer revisions, there are some issues with the early release BIOSes blowing up CPUs because they have too much SOC voltage by default. I know they have issues when rebooting, but having to shut down and start back up your computer each time is much better than having to replace your CPU if something goes wrong. 

I would move to the latest BETA BIOS as that should be the one with the safety tweaks in it, and just keep your eye out for an updated revision. Contact MSI, let them know you have this issue, and hopefully the customer service reps will report it to the BIOS team to get it worked out. 

3 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

OK, so this just confirms that it's a BIOS issue. You still should head back to one of the newer revisions, there are some issues with the early release BIOSes blowing up CPUs because they have too much SOC voltage by default. I know they have issues when rebooting, but having to shut down and start back up your computer each time is much better than having to replace your CPU if something goes wrong. 

I would move to the latest BETA BIOS as that should be the one with the safety tweaks in it, and just keep your eye out for an updated revision. Contact MSI, let them know you have this issue, and hopefully the customer service reps will report it to the BIOS team to get it worked out. 

Yeah will actually do your suggestion going with newest version. Man motherboard manufacturer need to step up their game now a lot of hardware bad news nowadays it's scary. Thank you for all your help sir.