<--- System autocorrect made this?

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,
6 hours ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

Browser, version and OS: Version 112.0.5615.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Version 112 of which browser?

What spell check are you using? Your browsers built in spell checker or a third party spell checking/grammar add on?

From watching the video it appears that what is happening is you're inserting an object to the post (image) and continuing to type from the object without inserting a space or starting a new line. Your spell checker is reading that as "[object]Does" and prompting you to correct it to "[object] Does". When you tell the spell checker to replace the text with the suggested text it's inserting the object character  and a space before the word Does.

Place a space after an inserted element or start a new line before typing. If for whatever reason you want to have your text start immediately after an image do not tell your spell checker to replace the text.

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened? See Video.

What happened? A weird character came up ->   Has happened at two locations: My page, and the forums suggestion. I don't think it's location based. And wikipedia only has one sentence about this character. Here is the link to the page: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/#:~:text=Symbol,is converted to plain text.

What did you expect to happen? Not this.

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: Video of me reproducing the problem is attached

Omg, it's a signature!

Related?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I dont think so because it doesn't automatically replace my character.

Omg, it's a signature!

Just FYI, I can't see the character.

macOS, safari.

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

Yeah, not exactly related, but could be. Its some odd unicode charachter and font used on forums (or other places you visit) don't have it so its replaced by placeholder.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Oh, the weird character is the OBJ thing, my bad, I can see OBJ on my system

(MacOS, using Chrome)

I tested Safari, and it wasn't there, so It was a Safari thing.

Also, the OBJ thing doesn't show up in the tab name at the top of the Browser. If that's of any use.

6 hours ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

What spell check are you using? Your browsers built in spell checker or a third party spell checking/grammar add on?

From watching the video it appears that what is happening is you're inserting an object to the post (image) and continuing to type from the object without inserting a space or starting a new line. Your spell checker is reading that as "[object]Does" and prompting you to correct it to "[object] Does". When you tell the spell checker to replace the text with the suggested text it's inserting the object character  and a space before the word Does.

Place a space after an inserted element or start a new line before typing. If for whatever reason you want to have your text start immediately after an image do not tell your spell checker to replace the text.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

21 hours ago, Lightwreather JfromN said:

Just FYI, I can't see the character.

macOS, safari.

Screenshot2023-05-0511_26_12AM.png.a2c1f4ba3616195c4f835d3bbdddd19b.png

Omg, it's a signature!

18 hours ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Oh, the weird character is the OBJ thing, my bad, I can see OBJ on my system

(MacOS, using Chrome)

I tested Safari, and it wasn't there, so It was a Safari thing.

Also, the OBJ thing doesn't show up in the tab name at the top of the Browser. If that's of any use.

It does for meScreenshot2023-05-0511_27_44AM.png.0ef80fc3eef97359ee33b4fa6dedd72d.png

Omg, it's a signature!

16 hours ago, Spotty said:

Chrome. And I'm using built in. Not built into the browser. But built into the os. (The browser spell check does work when I right click an underlined word) Thanks! 🙂

Omg, it's a signature!