Special keys/Symbol keys on number row doesnt work sometimes. Laptop. W11

Mihle

The symbols that require you to press alt gr or shift to write, like @${}, sometimes dont work on my laptop, while they do work other times.

1-4 and 7-0 buttons is affected, 5% or 6& is not.

• When the issue is there, if I type a number without any modifiers, and then write the symbol it works fine, but if I type a letter first and then straight on a symbol it doesnt.
  • When the issue is there, if I open one of the webpage tester sites, it registrers the modifier key (shift, alt gr) but not the number key when pressing them together, but do when just the number.
  • It seem to be random when the issue occours, its on and off. When it comes it is there for a while before it vanishes.
  • I have tried updating windows and BIOS.
  • I have tried removing the keyboard driver in windows and restart (Seem to be generic windows one)
  • Its not language setting.

If it matters, its a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro

Any suggestions before trying to take the drastic step of reinstalling windows?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I guess I will re install next weekend then. Have to decide if I should do it form USB or not....

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

• 1 month later...

I did a complete reinstall, I think I just experienced the same issue again.... so, Hardware?

Sounds very weird if its hardware based on how its acting. Haunted?

-Stephen Hawking